Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I was wondering what peoples opinions for music are when they are cruising in their SSR. I think it makes a big impression on people when you pull up next to them. I personally like "Hotel California" Cool :cool by the Eagles but that might be casue im in Cali myself. I wanted to put together a CD before heading down to L.A. for the Irwindale Gathering. SEE YA THERE Thanks,,
Jordan :flag :flag
Party :partyParty :partyParty :party

·
Premium Member
3,674 Posts
Zz

Anything from ZZ Top "Eliminator"... but I'm partial to "I'm Bad, I'm Nationwide" -- starts with "rollin' down the road in some cold blue steel"...

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,210 Posts
Best Tune

My favorite song to cruise to in the SSR, would have to be FRANKENSTIEN by the Edger Winter Group. Awsome instramental, with a fast beat and no vocals to get in the way of the MUSIC. :thumbs
Younger generation have no idea what it is, but I catch them scrambling through their remote receivers to find it on a radio staion. Too bad for them, it's on CD, not radio.

·
Registered
160 Posts
YC-SSR said:
Hey Everyone,
I was wondering what peoples opinions for music are when they are cruising in their SSR. I think it makes a big impression on people when you pull up next to them. I personally like "Hotel California" Cool :cool by the Eagles but that might be casue im in Cali myself. I wanted to put together a CD before heading down to L.A. for the Irwindale Gathering. SEE YA THERE Thanks,,
Jordan :flag :flag
Party :partyParty :partyParty :party
You know I was thinking about atarting this same threa the other night :lol

I like to listen to Utada Hikaru, Pauline Wilson, and Jazz masters :D

G

·
I got those, but I also like "Groovin" by War, and several other War tunes the obvious bein' Low Rider.

I have found Brian Augar and the Oblivian Express, Happiness is just around the Bend works well too.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Simply Irresistable - Robert Palmer

Partway through there is in the background a police siren that is approaching from the rear. Every now and then it takes me in gulty suprise.

Hotel California too, is a good tune to drive by.

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Ditto on "Lowrider"

Born to Wild....Steppenwolf

L.A. Women.....The DOORS

Baby, You Can Drive My Car.....Beatles

RickSSR :cool

·
OP
8,250 Posts
hot rod

Keep in mind that our SSR's were modelled after the hot rods of the 30's-40's the era of big band music.
I'm probably younger than many of you and older than a few, but this music as well as old rock 'n roll and motown makes quite the impression especially when cruising the sonic drive-ins and such.
But it never hurts to blast a little Metallica or AC/DC when racing down the boulevard as well.............I Love my SSR :reddevil

·
Registered
172 Posts
BOSTON-It's been such a long time
VAN HALEN-Dancing in the streets, Hot for teacher, Panama and anything off of OU812
HAGAR-I can't drive 55, Mas Tequila
STAY CATS-The strut
SANTANA-Oye como va
STEVIE RAY-Texas Flood..the whole album
JOE SATRIANI-Anything off of Surfing With An Alien
BEASTIE BOYS!!! You name it.
GORGE P FUNK-Dog catcha, We got the FUNK
DIGITAL UNDERGROUND-We put the 'P' in Pimpin

·
Registered
50 Posts
wildcat66 said:
It's has to be fast and loud!!!
I'm probably younger than most of you so my musical tastes might be different, but I was enjoying rocking out to Franz Ferdinand a couple nights ago. Really though, all the songs you mentioned above are great... I think wildcat66 has the right idea!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Boy am I going to take some stones here... But, with the six speed (brand new this weekend) I enjoy hearing the exhaust system so much that I like subtle music like Enya playing low in the shadow of the exhaust. Now, on my 04 with an automatic I loved listening to everything from the ZZ Top, AeroSmith, Eagles and K.C. and the Sunshine Band and everything else that I listened to in my 8 track player in my high school vehicle, a very used 1968 Chevrolet step side pickup truck:lol

·
Premium Member
2004 custom Paint and trim , ROTM winner #2, Previous owned R’s, 2006 #1 of 8 2 tone & 2005 silver
2,787 Posts
Magic carpet ride followed by Born to be wild by Steppenwolf. Gets my cruise off every time ;)

·
OP
8,250 Posts
raveschi said:
Boy am I going to take some stones here... But, with the six speed (brand new this weekend) I enjoy hearing the exhaust system so much that I like subtle music like Enya playing low in the shadow of the exhaust. Now, on my 04 with an automatic I loved listening to everything from the ZZ Top, AeroSmith, Eagles and K.C. and the Sunshine Band and everything else that I listened to in my 8 track player in my high school vehicle, a very used 1968 Chevrolet step side pickup truck:lol
aawwww, that's just beautiful. Pamper yourself, get a facial, drink a latte and drive with the top down....your good enough, your smart enough, and doggone it, people like you...
:) :0 :)

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,841 Posts
Way ta go Fuzzy

Way ta go Fuzzy, now I have to go find a copy of FRANKENSTIEN, I had forgotten all about that one. I will throw Golden Earings "Radar love" in the mix.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts