Chevy SSR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is hard to predict which car would become valuble when it is 20 - 30 years old.
I remember driving a 1972 Plain Jane Camaro with a 350 and TH 350. It was old, rather quick and cheap - like $500.That was in 1994 or so. Then 5-7 years later they started to gain.
Everyone said SSR is sure to become a collectible from the get go. Yet 15 year old SSR in great condition sells for about half of the sticker price. Special additions excluded of course.
Is it a miss or is it simply too early?
The look sure is becoming rather dated, especially the bubble top and bulging eyes with a smile on it's face annoy the H out of me.
I tried to solve those with my ZZR project which turned out to be a head turner.
it was very rare that noone would make a POS comment or ask smthn as I was pumping gas.
I guess peoplelike rebel and Doug Allen can' t stand the fact that a bastard build like that is cooler looking than their moving pieces of airbrush art that cost 20 times more. I sold ZZR for $2500.
Yes someone here said even the SSR parts were worth more than that.
Well the fair price is what people are willing to give, not what you put into your brainchild.
Having said that - if SSR is not going to be the next 69 Camaro like hit, what should you guys do - hang on to it for another decade or start dumping them...
I can only tell what I would like to build - a ZZR like project based on a ZL-1 Camaro.
Anyone has a $200 000 to spare, PM me, we'll talk.:)
George
ZZR

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
SSR, The Last Cheap Fun Car/Truck/Convertible?

I do not own an SSR hoping that it will make me RICH one day. I own it because it is just soooooooo DAMN gook looking and a blast to drive!!!!!
I'm with Pug Man. Honestly, these are truly unique vehicles. Not a car, not a truck, not a vett. For me, it has everything I wanted. Vet motor, truck bed to use on occasion when I need it which I have and it's a frickin' convertible.

If you think you bought an SSR for an investment return then that's your thing. Let it sit in the garage and keep shining it until your old enough to wish you had driven it more.

Me, I'm a daily driver guy. I like things that are truly unique, to share the enthusiasm and knowledge. The SSR for me fits all those needs.

It cost me 22k. So far I've spent about 6k on it and intend to Supercharge it when the new TVS1900 comes available. In total I'll have about 15k in it. It's my own ride. I have the additional funds and I will never expect to get a monetary return like an investment. My investment return is the joy it provides me every mile I drive it. Smiles per Gallon.

My suggestion is to enjoy the ride. Life is too short to really worry about appreciative gain when it comes to a broad smile and new friendships.

:ssr

S2NAZ

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
I just like to put the top down, turn up the XM and drive it. I am too old to go fast and too fat to drive it a long time. I am not interested in investment, I am interested I enjoyment.

·
Slingshot Rules!
71,507 Posts
As I have posted a few times before . . .

With a few exceptions, vehicles rarely make good investments, especially newer vehicles. Wise investors usually look elsewhere to get rich. However, the SSR has maintained its value much better than most vehicles of the same era.

The Doophus will turn the big 13 in a few months and not only has provided me with "miles of smiles" but has maintained its value very well. Compared to most other vehicles . . . extremely well.

The Bummer (1986 Jeep CJ-7) has done slightly better but definitely not in the "break the bank" category.

Not a Financial Expert but MY TWO CENTS WORTH.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
I hope you will keep preaching this theory and convince many others that the SSRs are not worth much at all. I would really like to have another one to build a street /race car out of. So if you can convince anyone with a red or black one they need to get out before they really tank let me know. Heck if you see a couple more of those $2500 one rolling around let me know. I am sure I can put them to good use. In fact at that kind of price I will take a red one and another black one.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,327 Posts
Frankly, I don't understand why someone...anyone, would come on to a specialized public forum to bad-mouth that forum's center of attention.

All I can figure is that it might be that person, for 'some reason' become soured on something they previously spent considerable time focusing on. Because they now feel left behind by others who kept their focus they now strike out with both negative word and deed.

■■■ -- Truthfully, am I getting close?

===============
David :black:

·
Premium Member
9,296 Posts
I guess peoplelike rebel and Doug Allen can' t stand the fact that a bastard build like that is cooler looking than their moving pieces of airbrush art that cost 20 times more. I sold ZZR for $2500.

I can only tell what I would like to build - a ZZR like project based on a ZL-1 Camaro.
Anyone has a $200 000 to spare, PM me, we'll talk.:)
George
ZZR
You're delusional. Your butt ugly pointless bastard build sold for what it was worth, about 10% of a used SSR.

And no one here will advance you a penny for your next Ponzi scheme, which is probably bad news for your last victim, who deserved better than having you sell his truck from under him after he had advanced you 60K.

My next message will be to the site administrators to request that they block your IP address. Instead of being constructive, you seem to thrive on controversy, and after multiple threads being closed for the same reason, one would think you would learn.

You might set a new record for the number of threads closed.

·
Premium Member
9,296 Posts
:lurk:lurk:lurk:lurk:lurk:lurk:lurk:lurk:lurk

That's a lot of popcorn. Hope you can keep the weight off so you can still fit in the Vette.:grin2:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.