Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 199 Posts

·
Daily Driver
8,776 Posts
There are basically two types of computer users, the ones who charge ahead either ignorant of, or don't care about, the nasty things that can mess up you're computer.

The other type have heard, or experienced, horror stories about trying to clean out infections, so they're paranoid about connecting anything. After all, that's what happened to Iran's nuclear program, infected through a thumb drive.

For any of you in the second group, hesitant about plugging in this thumb drive(SSR Key), don't be. The first thing I did was scan it with two different programs to make sure it's clean, as I always do. So you 2nd groupers(sounds like fish) can buy with confidence, it's clean as a whistle.

Not because I thought Dinerman might be up to something, but because he didn't write everything on here. He gathered this tremendous collection of valuable information from other sources, and could have inadvertently imported something with a bug in it. Now I'm sure he didn't, and we're damn lucky someone went to the trouble to do this for us. :thumbs

·
Premium Member
248 Posts
Received Drives

Drives received Saturday, checked mailed Saturday. Any problems, give me a shout.

Thanks for the quick service. Guess I will spend some computer time on the manual Sunday, after a PM ride in the "R"

·
Premium Member
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
There are basically two types of computer users, the ones who charge ahead either ignorant of, or don't care about, the nasty things that can mess up you're computer.

The other type have heard, or experienced, horror stories about trying to clean out infections, so they're paranoid about connecting anything. After all, that's what happened to Iran's nuclear program, infected through a thumb drive.

For any of you in the second group, hesitant about plugging in this thumb drive(SSR Key), don't be. The first thing I did was scan it with two different programs to make sure it's clean, as I always do. So you 2nd groupers(sounds like fish) can buy with confidence, it's clean as a whistle.

Not because I thought Dinerman might be up to something, but because he didn't write everything on here. He gathered this tremendous collection of valuable information from other sources, and could have inadvertently imported something with a bug in it. Now I'm sure he didn't, and we're damn lucky someone went to the trouble to do this for us. :thumbs

Thanks for a clean bill of health on the Ultimate SSR Drive.

·
Super Moderator
13,586 Posts
I received mine the other day (takes a while to get through the border) - thanks Dinerman. :)
Reminds me, next time I am speaking with Paul at North Freeway I will see if he has had a look yet.

·
Premium Member
9,196 Posts
Mine arrived while I was in Jolly Old.

Classy looking format. Love the etched SSR and Chevy logos.

Went straight to the 2006 manual to check it out.

Thanks for doing this for us. Incredible value.:thumbs

·
Daily Driver
8,776 Posts
Reminds me, next time I am speaking with Paul at North Freeway I will see if he has had a look yet.
That's a good idea, one of those might clinch the deal for a tire kicker who's intrigued by the SSR, but leery of something they know little or nothing about. :thumbs
Face it, most of the public knows little or nothing about the SSR. You can tell by the questions we all get.

·
Daily Driver
8,776 Posts
Yes, buy a bunch and give them to your enemies.
What?!?!
Sure, when they look through the key they'll wish they had an SSR.
Better yet they'll envy YOU, so don't forget to strut. ;)

41 - 60 of 199 Posts
About this Discussion
198 Replies
88 Participants
nj6969
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing