Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

VaraRam will soon have an induction available that will work on all late model GM trucks. This will be over 100% efficient compared to about 80% for some other systems.

The high pickup will located in the upper grill with a 3:1 multiplier.

Water trough system can drain up to 1 gallon of water every 30 seconds! This will allow you to drive your truck like a truck!

A 3 layer washable, reusable filter that allows flow of up to 1000cfm.

No drilling or cutting required for the install.

Designed to be used with the VR Velocity Stack.

This system is capable of building 1 pound of pressure at only 60 MPH.

This induction will be available as shown or with a ram air tube that will have cold air forced into it at speed. This will give it a pretty direct shot right into the filter. I'll have some more pictures and info soon!

Tom

Order line - 1-877-4-TBYRNE
E-mail - [email protected]

Price Match Plus policy

F

·
0 Posts
Does it bolt on to the SSR???

Does it bolt on to the SSR??? :confused :) :flag

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I got ahead of things with the info above so just act like I didn't type it :) Actually, the King Cobra may be able to be adapted to the SSR but this will be the system produced for this truck -

FEATURES:
Quick 10 minute installation
A velocity stack to improve airflow into the filter
Quick release ? turn screws for easy air filter maintenance

This is the same Wide Mouth induction that is used on the Corvette. It will just be modified to bolt up to the SSR.

Tom

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nothing yet. I check into these once in awhile. I'll let you know when they become available. I probably won't do that until I have some in the store. This way I know they will be ready to go.

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
Got this e-mail from Vararam sales this morning:

This is going to get re-leased soon. All-testing has been completed, we are to start production late next week.

VR tech

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
Hi, Tom

When you install a VaraRam, I'd like a photo of the fit. Held off buying the K & N System. Don't like the fit. The box looks like fairly thin metal, and the outlet hole to the airflow sensor and intake is way oversize.

I think this photo was from a previous thread about filters. If the owner sees this, I'd like to know if it would be possible to fit the filter without the airbox. Is the filter braced so it doesn't bounce against the fan shroud? I like the open filter, just not crazy about the fit of the airbox. If the idea is to use the airdam to increase air pressure, it would seem a lot of it can escape out the backside.

Ray

Attachments

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll see what I can do about photos and will let you know when the system is definately ready to start shipping. I should have pricing soon.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The SSR induction is supposed to be 2-3 weeks out and it looks like we'll be selling it for $239.99. I'll post more info soon!

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Me Too

Tom, I've been wating for your unit to be released before buying the K & N, please advise when its ready! :thumbs

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Does the $239.99 include all you will need to just bolt this on? This sounds like a very good cost effective mod that will add a bit more HP and a different look. Sounds like me!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I believe this will also fit the LS2 motor but I want to make sure one was test fit before I say yes. We're going to order a bunch of these tomorrow so the first batch will be coming our way when it is ready. I'll see if there are any pictures of the induction installed on an SSR. Each kit will come complete with everything required for the install.

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Count me in!

tbyrne said:
I believe this will also fit the LS2 motor but I want to make sure one was test fit before I say yes. We're going to order a bunch of these tomorrow so the first batch will be coming our way when it is ready. I'll see if there are any pictures of the induction installed on an SSR. Each kit will come complete with everything required for the install.
Just email me Im ready when they are!

GR

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Vararam Update

TYBYRNE,
What is the Status of the VARARAM intake for the SSR?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts