Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone interetsed in a Jan cruise?

I was hoping to get some input on a cruise from the Daytona area to The Villages for their monthly car show on the 3rd Sat. of each month (except Dec). It's a nice run from Daytona on basically 2 lane roads (SR 44 and SR 42). The show has over 300 cars each month but, and I say that with some sadness, they do not let any post 80's vehicle into the show area. That said, it still is a nice ride over and back and they have really nice restaurants and shopping in the town square where the cars are displayed. The next show is on Jan 21st. Of course, those not from the East Coast can meet us there at 3-3:30 PM. Anthony, Marilyn and myself were there in October for that show and had a good time. Anyone interested, please add to the post and we'll see what kind of interest we have. From the Daytona area it is about 2 hours give or take.

Wally

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
We discussed this with SSRRose back when they stopped in for a visit. We would be interested as we will be in PCB, Fl then.
We have friends that just moved to the Villages from PCB so we want to visit them. We could kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Villages

We are definitely interested. Will arrive in Leesburg (just down the road from the Villages) on January 19 for 2 months. Think we would just meet you at the Villages--maybe get together for dinner or something too? :party

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Visit To The Villages

I Am Certainly Interested-however Will Be In Detroit That Weekend For The Auto Show...i Am Expecting To See A Big Splash By Gm In Terms Of Concepts And Future Stuff---will Take Some Photos And Then Figure Out How To Share Them With Everyone-i Have Often Planned To Visit The Villages-so I Am Disappointed-enjoy Chuckstr...:)

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Detroit Auto Show

6.0TOGO said:
I Am Certainly Interested-however Will Be In Detroit That Weekend For The Auto Show...i Am Expecting To See A Big Splash By Gm In Terms Of Concepts And Future Stuff---will Take Some Photos And Then Figure Out How To Share Them With Everyone-i Have Often Planned To Visit The Villages-so I Am Disappointed-enjoy Chuckstr...:)

Maybe will run into each other. Hubby and I are planning on attending. When you get into Detroit drop me a PM.

·
Premium Member
1,127 Posts
Detroit Auto Show

Certainly Will Attempt To Make Contact-will Be At The Show Early On Sat For The Entire Day And Will Surley Be Wearing Something Ssr..probably Will Not Spend Much Time Outdoors-i Am A Fair Weather Person From Fl You Know...:) :)

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
SSR Clothing

6.0TOGO said:
Certainly Will Attempt To Make Contact-will Be At The Show Early On Sat For The Entire Day And Will Surley Be Wearing Something Ssr..probably Will Not Spend Much Time Outdoors-i Am A Fair Weather Person From Fl You Know...:) :)
Looking forward to meeting you! I'm sure I'll be wearing SSR clothing too. I'll send you a PM with my cell#. Give me a call. Toughen up a little FL man.....the weather hasn't been that bad lately. If you don't have a Chevy SSR sweatshirt you might want to consider getting one.:yesnod:lol I'll hope for a 50 degree day and sunshine when you get in.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Is there a Plan

Is there a plan for getting together at the Villages? We were interested in getting together, possibly even meeting somewhere outside the Villages and caravanning there.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Update

I started this thread and had hoped to be able to organize a run to The Villages for their monthly car show in Jan. Unfortuantely, I will be unable to go as I'll be out of town through that weekend due to unplanned medical issues. I hope that we can arrange something for one of the shows in the next couple of months for a cruise over there.

Wally

·
Registered
190 Posts
wallygator said:
I started this thread and had hoped to be able to organize a run to The Villages for their monthly car show in Jan. Unfortuantely, I will be unable to go as I'll be out of town through that weekend due to unplanned medical issues. I hope that we can arrange something for one of the shows in the next couple of months for a cruise over there.

Wally
Wally...I will be down at the Villages on July 7-9 for a wedding. As it gets closer lets arrang:seeya e to have a coke and compare notes!!!!

GO GATORS!!!!!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts