Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well my wait is finnaly over I got my yellow ssr number 1988. I could hardly contain myself it is by far the nicest chevrolet in my opinion they ever made. I get it prepared tomorrow. We're expecting a snow storm here so I'm not picking it up until Monday.
What's a couple more days! It only took 19 months and 1 day. It really is a work of art. To all of you who are still waiting, it is well worth the wait. :angel :D :jester :cheers :lurk

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Snow

How can there be 2" of snow on the ground this morning? :cry

I've only driven 120 miles!!!!! I was still sooooo very tempted to drive it.

When I got to work this morning, everyone was asking if I drove it in. They all said they don't care if I made it to work or not, they just didn't want to see the SSR get damaged by some crazy Jersey driver sliding through the snow.

Yesterday I did have fun showing it off at work. I had to eventually schedule times that I would take a group of people out to see it and put the top into action, because I wouldn't have gotten any work done otherwise.

Hope all of you are enjoying it as much as I am. And hopefully there will be some decent days in the NE this month to get in it and go.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:cheers Congrats to you! As an artist myself, I can certainly agree with you. The shape of this thing is an artistic genius's interpretation of American Muscle. Are you going to do some tattoo work on it?

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CRUZNED

Hi cruzed I plan on doing a little pin striping on my yellow ssr. Iam always interested in art myby you can email me a picture of some of your work. I have a friend who is tattoo artist in V.B. from I AM Tattoo. My e mail is [email protected] :angel :D :jester :cool

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tattioexpert,
I got my vin a few days ago and it ends in 1988 also. Do you know which number in the vin indicate the prduction sequence number?:confused

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cjabner

Hi cjabner im sorry in my excitement of getting my ssr I put down the wrong vin. number it is 1899. It figures after waiting 19 months we get a major snow storm. Sorry for the mistake.:angel :rolleyes: Vin is the last 4 numbers.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:seeya :thumbs
No problem Tattoexpert. I Just wasn't sure which numbers in the VIN were the serial numbers. Here's hoping you enjoy youre ride. :cheers

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
The snow did not win

Well unlike some of you, I couldn't stand to see my SSR just sit in the garage just after I bought it. So I left NJ during a break in the snow fall and headed to Virginia Beach. On the way down I stopped at a couple of dealerships that I've stopped at many times before trying to buy this thing and showed it off to those who still had not seen one. In VB I visited all my friends. I visited my mechanic (who I haven't been to in a while since I've had no out of warranty work for him to do). He was very excited (almost like he now owned one). He noticed the truck was dirty from the trip and said it had to be washed. I said it was too cold (36 degrees), but he insisted and washed it. I'm glad he did because later I got to meet up with CruznEd and mine didn't look too bad.

When I returned to NJ I got to use the traction control breifly. It seemed smooth. I'm sure that I will be able to test it out more this winter (No, I can't just leave it in the garage.)

After 1000 miles, I give it 2 thumbs up (a third if I had 3 thumbs).
The only real problem I've had was a hydraulic hose for the top wrapping around a post.

And for those interested in the side saddle storage and cargo net:

The storage seems to be a sort of cheap plastic box with a cheap lock and it can't be opened with the cargo net bar in place. I do use the cargo net now, eventhough I questioned it's usability in a previous post. I may remove the side storage and put it in the garage to put stuff in.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
PICKED UP TODAY

Well I picked up my SSR today, I could barely wipe the smile off my face. I had to drive it home with the top down. It got ALOT of looks. It is Just SOOO COOL. :angel :cheers :D :jester

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I got it!!!

:D Well, After about 2 year of waiting I finally have it!! SSR #1988 rolled into the shoroom on Saturday. I took delivery on Monday evening the 8th. What a fantastic ride. It that the best looknig vehicle ever built or what?

After I spend some time behind the wheel I will posy the pros & Cons. Right now, it is everything I expected. Just a couple of quick comments:
Handles great, smoother ride than I expected, fantastic interior design & instrument and console illumination.

A little more road noise than I expected and it is a little hard to get to the seat controls. Not much room between the controls and the door panel, especially if you have a large hand.

Later 53
:party

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's Here!!!

:D Well, after about 2 years of waiting SSR #1988 rolled into the showroom Saturday 12/6. I drove it home Monday evening 12/8.
Man! What a ride. Is that not the best looking vehicle ever built or what?!!! After I spend a little more time behind the wheel I post the Pros & Cons.

Just a quick couple of comments: Much better ride than I was expecting, handles great, sounds fantastic. Instrumentation and console illumination is outstanding.

It has a little more road noise than I was expecting but not bad. It is hard to get to the seat controls not much room between the controls and the door panel especially if you have a large hand.

More to come later.

:party

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey Tattoo Expert,

My new Black SSR is sitting in Baltimore (where I drove it off the lot yesterday and inside a garage) and I will drive it home to Long Island in the near future.

Maybe we'll have to hook up on the Jersey turnpike.

Rick

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
welcome

Hi Ricardo best of luck with your new SSR. I cant wait for some nice weather so Ican drive my ssr. I would love to get together some time. I think the yellow and black would look great together.I know some great tattoo artists out in long Island. Maby we could get an east coast ssr run together. Im sure theres plenty of people on the east coast with SSRS that would like the Idea. Maby a run to A.C. ? TATTOO EXPERT CONGRADULATIONS:angel :cheers :cool

1 - 16 of 16 Posts