Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bad is Good
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i had replaced my thermostat with one of mikes from simple engineering's.
i have a slight tiny leak under it. have read and researched that it looks like in my new ssr that the water pump has been replaced. with this ive read that the entire housing with thermostat should be replaced. the only one i can find listed for our truck is part #15-11057, but it doesnt look like the one i replaced and this has 86 celcius which is correct and is it ssr compatible. from what ive read many of you have changed with this. i just want to stop this leak and done want to do it a third time

help

thank
Bennyb

·
Daily Driver
9,255 Posts
Thanks for the info have to watch out for that.

·
SSR Believer
2,636 Posts
Ok, looking at the housing i might not have put the gasket notch in the housing correctly since i did with out removing the housing the first time and dont remember seeing it which means i didnt probably seat it correctly hence my baby leak, i hope
Don’t feel badly. I made the same exact mistake. Luckily caught it before adding coolant.

Mine was an old school excuse because we used to put the gasket between the thermostat housing and the engine block.

Mike reminded me that the modern day aerospace housing design requires the gasket to be placed around the thermostat itself. End result is a nice tight fit with zero leaks. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts