Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
they really are shipping

I have the latest info from the marketing director at Chevy. Here are some excerpts from a memo that my dealership received today:

The SSR has been one of the most anxiously awaited vehicles in the entire automotive industry. Well, the wait is over. I am extremely excited to inform the Chevy team that we have begun shipping SSRs and they should begin arriving in dealerships by the end of October....
I want to bring you up to speed on the current SSR production plans and on the estimated allocation of product. We do anticipate that this year we will produce approximately 3,500
SSRs as 2003 year models, and plan to convert to the 2004 model year on January 1, 2004....Start of production has occurred later than we anticipated, therefore, it may be necessary to further shift some of the previously estimated 2003 model year allocation into the 2004 model year. However, a particular dealer's overall quantity is expected to remain the same....
Again, I am extremely excited to be informing you that SSRs are now on their way....

RICK BALDICK
MARKETING DIRECTOR

IS THIS GOOD NEWS OR WHAT?:cheers

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
I don't doubt what you are saying, but I would rather believe
Ron when he claims to have seen two trucks leaving the depot.
Please don't make me wait any longer. :puke

·
Premium Member
900 Posts
my apologies

I owe a big apology to realprowlerfan.
Seems his contact new what she was talking about.

We called today and were told the same story about the
delay. GM is waiting for a release for commerce before
they can ship.

Bummer.:banghead

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.