Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Yeesh, I should have such luck

A month or so back, McDonald's was offering a Viper as one of their prizes in the Monopoly game. Cool! I thought. I'd love to own a Viper.

Here's the problem: Viper = $80,000 (about) and that's what the IRS will say you got as "income" from the contest. Thank you, Mr. Taxpayer, please pony up $20,000 in taxes, and be sure to put a few more thousand aside for the State of Alabama Dept of Revenue. Ouch.

Granted, you have an $80,000 car and any bank would gladly loan you $20,000 against the clear title, but still. Kinda blows, dudinit?

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Donnysan said:
A month or so back, McDonald's was offering a Viper as one of their prizes in the Monopoly game. Cool! I thought. I'd love to own a Viper.

Here's the problem: Viper = $80,000 (about) and that's what the IRS will say you got as "income" from the contest. Thank you, Mr. Taxpayer, please pony up $20,000 in taxes, and be sure to put a few more thousand aside for the State of Alabama Dept of Revenue. Ouch.

Granted, you have an $80,000 car and any bank would gladly loan you $20,000 against the clear title, but still. Kinda blows, dudinit?
Don't get me started on taxes :cuss

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So why sign up for it if you can't afford it. I think paying taxes on a new car would be better than paying full price and I am sure you could get loan on the taxes for a 39k vehicle. Oh well thats just me!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts