Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I sold my 05 to my friend we had dinner last night he said when it is cold when he starts it the tac and radio don’t work after it gets warm he can stop and reset start and every works fine.
He has changed the ignition switch already looking for suggestions.
Thanks

I forgot to say it has aftermarket radio

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,380 Posts
I sold my 05 to my friend we had dinner last night he said when it is cold when he starts it the tac and radio don’t work after it gets warm he can stop and reset start and every works fine.
He has changed the ignition switch already looking for suggestions.
Thanks
For the tach I might blame a bad stepper motoer that works when it gets warm but the radio is something else. Not sure anything really makes sense.

Reactions: 06-SSR

·
Premium Member
1,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Odd things for sure I forgot to say it is aftermarket radio but still it is odd

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,256 Posts
My .02 - I agree that a stepper replacement might be in the future for the tach problem, but the stereo is odd.

I would pull out the stereo and check the power and ground connections and recrimp all the connections. If the wires were soldered, maybe a poor joint or bad chassis ground?

Could be a bad head unit as well, maybe the coldness of the ambient air is causing something on the internal boards to loose contact.

·
Premium Member
2005 Ricochet Silver
972 Posts
I think the complexity of the radio's these days is the likely problem. My Pioneer head unit does the same thing. Every once in a while the system won't respond to button pushes and I have to turn the car OFF-ON. Easy to tell because, when this occurs, it doesn't "beep" when a button is pushed. I'm pretty sure it's not a wiring issue because I soldered and shrink-wrapped all connections.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,358 Posts
Yes, Hmmmmmm indeed. :surprise:

images.jpeg

■□■ - Perhaps you (or he) could contact the manufacturer of the aftermarket radio for help. Is the head under warranty? Was there an inline fuse used in the install? :nerd:

Good luck.

================
David :black:
2018-12-04-19-15-45-1587819050.jpeg - ""I believe I've got an idea!!"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts