Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most of you don't know, but my wife and I recently moved from BUSY (read that as heavy traffic!) Marietta, GA (just north of Atlanta) to a little place called Waleska, GA (about an hour north of Marietta) where we were lucky enough to buy our "last" home in a place called Lake Arrowhead. In the mountains, gated, swim, tennis, stables, etc. Nice place.

Very picturesque (Please bear with me while I show you a couple of pictures)

Entrance to our neighborhood: (2.5 miles to the first road!)

Lake Arrowhead Golf Course: (Great, scenic golfing)

Pretty place, huh?

Well, I am lucky enough to work from home, so at lunchtimes I venture out to see what the mountains have to offer. And about a month ago, I found this mailbox!

Well, I laughed and just had to take a picture of it! (The mailman HAS to smile when he delivers mail here!)

Well, today, I was on my way to Home Depot and drove by it again. Well, lo and behold, they decorated it up from Christmas! (Pardon the quality, but I only had my cellphone camera with me)

Sorry, but I just HAD to share it with my SSR friends!

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Nice Location

Hey Buffy,

I love the scenery there... looks like you retired and went to heaven! Wow it is really nice area indeed. I have to say I like your mail boxes out your way too... Red is one of my favorite colors ;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Moving to Buffy's

I agree with Marc Buffy it looks like Heaven that is what i call a good move just set back and take a deep breath also keep your camera with you at all times very interesting lol.Good Luck. :thumbs

·
Registered
371 Posts
Hey Buffy....great looking driveway you have! Just be glad you don't have to shovel it! ha!ha! See if you can get a shot of the mail man(woman) delivering mail! Sure is a nice "last" homeplace for a well deserved "Buffy"! Keep that phone/cam working, we enjoy the photos! Oh...get a Valentines Day shot of the mailbox too!

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Mailbox Update!

If you have seen the first two (2) photos in this thread, I wanted update you with the latest. While driving over to a friend's house, we passed the mailbox in question and lo and behold, it had a SKIRT on!

Well, I just HAD to stop and take a picture of it and while I was doing that, the person who lives there pulled up behind my car (I was blocking his driveway!).

I appologized for this and told him that everytime we go by his house, we smile at his mailbox. Then I asked him why there was a skirt on her. He answered, "Well, because this is the week of Jesus Christ's birthday, I didn't want the mailbox to offend Him." Nice touch!

But, I'll be back after New Years to see what "she'll" be wearing. Maybe one of her Christmas presents!

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
kwhopper89 said:
18 degrees and heading out of Michigan and I spotted this....
Grrrrreat one lol... even if it is frigid there now brrrrrrrrrrr

There are a couple towns in PA that are very interesting names as well... perhaps someone with an SSR in PA might like to mention the names of a few smaller exciting named towns there?
:lol

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Pa

Marc NY said:
Grrrrreat one lol... even if it is frigid there now brrrrrrrrrrr

There are a couple towns in PA that are very interesting names as well... perhaps someone with an SSR in PA might like to mention the names of a few smaller exciting named towns there?
:lol
Like maybe Intercourse, PA and Middlesex, PA for starters??

·
Premium Member
6,310 Posts
Kwhopper89, What the heck were you doing in Michigan? I only live a few miles from where you took that picture. My SSR is put up for the winter. You are one brave person if you were in your SSR in Mich. this time of year.
By the way its 55 degrees here this morning and all the snow is gone here in Kalamazoo, Mich.
:cool
Scott 0168

1 - 10 of 10 Posts