Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone posted somewhere on a wish llist for a spring to hold up the center console...Not sure if earlier models are different, but if you lift it until it "hits", then a little more, it stays open. There is a "catch" that holds it open.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
What a relief

Digital said:
Someone posted somewhere on a wish llist for a spring to hold up the center console...Not sure if earlier models are different, but if you lift it until it "hits", then a little more, it stays open. There is a "catch" that holds it open.

THANK YOU!!! I have fought that console lid since I got the truck and I couldn't figure out why they didn't make it latch open...You have made my day!! Thanks so much for that info :thumbs

·
180 Posts
Great tip

Digital said:
I tell you, you learn something new here every day! :thumbs

Now I won't have to trade my SSR in on that Lotus or Boxer! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
I posted that probably a year ago, and several people, I don't remember who, posted that if anybody followed my advice, that they would break the console lid. At our Half Moon Bay Run this weekend, it was brought up again, and I asked Tim, the Service Mgr. about it and he said that the catch was designed in and all you had to do was lift the door til it caught and it would stay up. Finally, vindicated.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
lloger said:
I posted that probably a year ago, and several people, I don't remember who, posted that if anybody followed my advice, that they would break the console lid. At our Half Moon Bay Run this weekend, it was brought up again, and I asked Tim, the Service Mgr. about it and he said that the catch was designed in and all you had to do was lift the door til it caught and it would stay up. Finally, vindicated.

I appreciated your post a year ago.....because I was fighting it at the time.
Thanks

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Yep got it From Lloger, and it worked, didn't realize people were still fighting it!!! It really pays to read the old posts!! :thumbs

1 - 11 of 11 Posts