Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,060 Posts
Makes me wonder if you could have it transported to the nearest town to the border, drive it across and have it picked up by another transporter on the Canadian side?

Dave

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Good news today. Got a call earlier today to advise me that my SSR had cleared customs and then the import documents were emailed to me. Then early this evening got a call from the transport company driver advising me that he will be delivering my vehicle tomorrow afternoon. Needless to say I am real excited about its arrival!

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,672 Posts
We're all holding our breath on your arrival! Be sure to fill us in on the vehicle condition, and the carrier you decided to use, and how happy you are with them! Exciting for sure!

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
I'd like to mention even the factory tires which I despise, did pretty well in the snows of New England every winter.
I was quite amazed.

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC
1,456 Posts
Well today I pulled the trigger and bought my SSR. It is a 05 Silver with a 6 speed. It is coming out of the US to me here in Canada and hopefully will be loaded on the transport truck on Monday. The carrier tells me about 7-10days for delivery to my door. The carrier is arranging all the customs clearance for me. It needs to clear both US (export) and Canadian (import) customs. Must have signed about 30 documents so far. Now I just have to sit here and wait patiently for it to show up.
Here is a picture of it
View attachment 589247
Great news. She’s a beauty.

·
Trygodfirst
2006 FPR SSR PAC BLUE AUTOMATIC
1,456 Posts
Good news today. Got a call earlier today to advise me that my SSR had cleared customs and then the import documents were emailed to me. Then early this evening got a call from the transport company driver advising me that he will be delivering my vehicle tomorrow afternoon. Needless to say I am real excited about its arrival!
Great news

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,060 Posts
I'd like to mention even the factory tires which I despise, did pretty well in the snows of New England every winter.
I was quite amazed.
The former and first owner of my R liked the oem tires so much they were still on the vehicle 10 years after manufacture.

Dave

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,655 Posts
Another twist about selling an SSR and then having SELLER's REMORSE. Sorry if I may have already shared this story on here before ...

OK, back on 7.18.19 I fell in love with the new mid-engine C8 Corvette. So.... I casually mentioned to my wife, Gerry, around last summer "Hey, what do you think of the new C8 Corvettes? She said I would like it if it has the same Hard Top as the SSR has. "OH Yes the C8 HTC or convertible has the same folding hard top." :D

OK...now please don't gasp at my next few comments... "So... honey I am now really "thinking" of trading in or perhaps selling my beloved SSR on the SSR website to purchase the C8." She quickly shouted out "NO!" I said "OK I won't buy a C8 HTC Corvette." Once again she shouted out and said "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! ... You BUY the Corvette and you KEEP THE SSR!" o_O :whistle: :whistle: :love:

So I went to the dealer and put a deposit down to be able to get on a waiting list back in August for a
Red Mist 2021 HTC. (Still on the waiting list)

*Moral of my story is ... I won't have to regret selling my SSR. :love:

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,882 Posts
Yes, you did share this story before BUT it is well worth sharing again!!! I once had buyers remorse and it was horrible being SSR-Less! :cry: Never again for this Blues Brother! I can't wait to meet that amazing wife of yours at the International Rally! Bob Walczyk seems determined to get you there with him! ;)

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,655 Posts
Yes, you did share this story before BUT it is well worth sharing again!!! I once had buyers remorse and it was horrible being SSR-Less! :cry: Never again for this Blues Brother! I can't wait to meet that amazing wife of yours at the International Rally! Bob Walczyk seems determined to get you there with him! ;)
Larry, I do hope that COVID is a past memory by then. I certainly do have a wonderful wife for sure... OH I have not picked the final choice of color yet. I might still get the Elkhart Lake Blue too. Maybe then I could still be added as one of the "Blue's Brothers" just a brother from a different mother??? :whistle:

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,071 Posts
Larry, I do hope that COVID is a past memory by then. I certainly do have a wonderful wife for sure... OH I have not picked the final choice of color yet. I might still get the Elkhart Lake Blue too. Maybe then I could still be added as one of the "Blue's Brothers" just a brother from a different mother??? :whistle:
Marc, I think sticking with a theme is important. When challenged about color choices I used to say, they keep the good looking ones looking like finely polished metal and paint the rest.😂

You could create your own version of this pic with your own set silvers!
4D42FF76-3E50-4053-BF44-267926CA8175.jpeg

But alas you know I’m conflicted and I have a fantastic wife that is very patient too!
1EB2BDD2-21C3-4EF3-935D-2E7263884218.jpeg

Apparently they add some blue tint to the silver paint on some of the good looking ones too!.:cool:

..and then I have to admit, I was a Chevy man and Blues Brother from the start.
AE5ABFD2-902E-4C59-9489-2C7443C4D3D9.jpeg

My little Monza was lowered, stiffer springs, bigger sway bars and better valved shocks, wider BBS wheels, lighting upgrades, a few performance mods, sound system, etc, etc. Wait... this somehow, sort of, sounds like a familiar pattern...🤪. After she was wrecked by a neighbor running into her and nearly totaled out, I rebuilt her with parts from a Starfire and a Skyhawk and she was repainted pretty close to Pacific Blue.

PS. The Torch Red and Red Mist C8s look pretty sweet too. It’ll be good to just have you come to the Rally.

·
Premium Member
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
It has arrived! Was a long day waiting for the SSR to get here and it finally arrived at 8:30pm. The transport driver had a huge rig that held 6 vehicles and after unloading mine he still had one more delivery to do. It looks even better in person than it did in the pictures. And the rumble that comes out of the catback system - oh wow!
I am exhausted from the wait and have only had a chance to do a brief cursory examination, but tomorrow I will fire up the garage heater and spend the whole day giving it a thorough going over. Will post pics tomorrow.
I have been asked by a few Fanatics about the whole import experience and I will provide an update on that as well.

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
Another twist about selling an SSR and then having SELLER's REMORSE. Sorry if I may have already shared this story on here before ...

OK, back on 7.18.19 I fell in love with the new mid-engine C8 Corvette. So.... I casually mentioned to my wife, Gerry, around last summer "Hey, what do you think of the new C8 Corvettes? She said I would like it if it has the same Hard Top as the SSR has. "OH Yes the C8 HTC or convertible has the same folding hard top." :D

OK...now please don't gasp at my next few comments... "So... honey I am now really "thinking" of trading in or perhaps selling my beloved SSR on the SSR website to purchase the C8." She quickly shouted out "NO!" I said "OK I won't buy a C8 HTC Corvette." Once again she shouted out and said "NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! ... You BUY the Corvette and you KEEP THE SSR!" o_O :whistle: :whistle: :love:

So I went to the dealer and put a deposit down to be able to get on a waiting list back in August for a
Red Mist 2021 HTC. (Still on the waiting list)

*Moral of my story is ... I won't have to regret selling my SSR. :love:
Marc, your wife is a saint. 👼 Reminds me of the most loving words my wife had for me when I was wearing her down on getting the used 03 in North Carolina. She said "Oh just go get the damned thing."

The first HTC was just delivered to the Chevy dealership locally. Awesome looking car, but I think the new owner made one mistake on the order. He specified black for the roof, mirrors, rear buttresses, the spoiler and some other trim. I think it would have looked better all one color. Didn't help that the main color was orange. The video about the convertible top features the same orange color, with the black trim. Maybe it's the standard combination?

Reactions: Marc NY and HUAW

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,655 Posts
Marc, your wife is a saint. 👼 Reminds me of the most loving words my wife had for me when I was wearing her down on getting the used 03 in North Carolina. She said "Oh just go get the damned thing."
... I think it would have looked better all one color. Didn't help that the main color was orange. The video about the convertible top features the same orange color, with the black trim. Maybe it's the standard combination?
Yes, our wives are saints... ;) and yes there is an option for just all one body color. You can also just get only the nacelles black and the rest all body color too. I am leaning towards the black nacelles, roof, pillars and mirrors. I will have to make my final decision if when my allocation ever comes up. I like the separation of black and the body colors. I think it makes the HTC look like it has a very unique look to it. :)

*You can compare the two different looks in the below attachments. Let me know which version you guys like the best. OK
EHL HTC NCM.jpg EHL HTC NCM 2.jpg

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
605 Posts
Yes, our wives are saints... ;) and yes there is an option for just all one body color. You can also just get only the nacelles black and the rest all body color too. I am leaning towards the black nacelles, roof, pillars and mirrors. I will have to make my final decision if when my allocation ever comes up. I like the separation of black and the body colors. I think it makes the HTC look like it has a very unique look to it. :)

*You can compare the two different looks in the below attachments. Let me know which version you guys like the best. OK
View attachment 589806 View attachment 589806 View attachment 589807
I'll start the voting with all blue, I've always been a fan of the monochromatic look.

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
I'll start the voting with all blue, I've always been a fan of the monochromatic look.
:rolleyes:

I'm not sure about the (black) option on the roof part..........is it translucent or solid black.........either case, I kinda like it versus the over all totally Blue deal.

Have owned three Vettes over the years, wish I could afford to opt for a new one like this. Have been waiting for years to see Chevy.............finally make the move to a rearward placed engine. I have seen where some diehard Vette fans do not like anything other than a front engine placement.

I'm not with that crowd...............By the way, my first brand new Vette..........a '69 Convertible 4 spd. cost just a little over $4600.:oops::oops:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,572 Posts
I am for the ALL BLUE look. Also vote for @Marc NY and wife to attend the International. It is not going to get any closer to you unless you sponsor it in Buffalo in 23?:ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
9,382 Posts
I'm also with the solid color look. The two-tone looks a bit better on the blue car than it did on the orange/black halloween car.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,882 Posts
I second what Dwight said on both topic! I prefer the all Blue 💙 but the HTC certainly doesn't look bad! Of course, your attendance would be awesome for our International Rally! 😉

Reactions: Firetruck
41 - 60 of 60 Posts