1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When: March 14th Saturday
Where: 1657 FM 1406 Winnie, Texas

All SSRs are invited to our third annual tech day to prepare your Rs for some topless summer fun. This is the event to attend if you need to get some work done like: installation of struts, shocks, stiffening plates, radiator supports, etc. or to diagnosis issues. We’ll have Mike Moro from Simple Engineering on hand to help out and lend support.

You can come even if you do not have work to be done on your R! This is also a great event to come hang out and socialize. Lester and Liz are wonderful hosts. It is a great venue, great food, and there will be a craft project for copilots.

There will be an informal dinner on Friday night March 13 at Tia Juanita’s Fish Camp (the former AL T’s) next to the Hampton Inn or any other place you choose.

After dinner there will be a small social hour at Lester and Liz’s place breaking up before 9.

General outline of the tech day:
8:30am Donuts & Coffee
9am Work starts in the shop
12:30pm Lunch of crawfish and BBQ (donations/tips appreciated to offset costs)
...and take off when you are ready to go

Come join us as.there will be some great SSR fanatics to talk with. We’ve had 25-30 Rs attend each year..
This is a great event to attend.

Local Hotels for the long-haulers: Hampton Inn Winnie - 409-296-3525
Holiday Inn Express is also close by.

Please reply to this thread so we can plan on how much food to prepare and what work you’d like to get done.

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Attendees:
True Blue - Lester & Liz - LEDs Done!
Mike in AZ - Mike & Debbie
TLM - Terry
TXNSSR - Robert & Kim
Lakedweller2 - David & Diane - stiffening plate
Curbsssr - Larry & Susie
Jellybean - Muth mirrors & puddle lights
Railroad Guy - Jeff & Patti - Front & rear shocks
06PelicanSSR - Bruce & Ginny - stepper motors
ssr3 - Bob & Liz
Pretzel - hood emblem support
Daverobertson
kart3d - Denny & Kay - ordering parts
Skip2004 - Skip & Josefa - shocks & rear springs
HOT-SSR - Larry and Sue
yellowtoy - Phil & Gloria - ordering front and rear shocks, battery light troubleshooting
RedlineRyder - Brian & Delanie
KubotaSSR - James R.
Speedo - Richard S. & Chessley
Dinerman - Frank & Margret
Loyd H. -
Bill P. - stiffening plate & shocks
BFast - Mike & Belinda
RAL 04 #5907 - Richard and Merrillee - diagnose top, fix? & gauges
AlbertFlasher - Wally C.
John S. -
Kerry B - Roof diagnosis, and other items
gmpartsguy - James H - brakes & shocks
Furykay - Kay Williams
houtex - John Auth
Palomio - James Sneed
Airedale - Connie & Jerry Braden - Checkout roof

How about you?

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Thanks for the opportunity again. I would like to get a stiffening plate installed. I will contact Mike and order. Diane will coming also and we will probably make reservations at the Hampton for Friday night. You guys are great!

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,906 Posts
We appreciate the return invite. The Texas hospitality by itself makes it worth the trip. Debbie and I will be bringing the Tahoe with parts and tools. It’s a lot easier to load than the SSR.

If anyone needs any of my parts for this session, please order them on line and put a note on your order telling me you want the parts hand carried to the tech session. I’ll do so and refund the shipping to you when I hand you the parts.

I’ll be bringing my soldering tools and stepper motors again.

See you all there.

Mike

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
We appreciate the return invite. The Texas hospitality by itself makes it worth the trip. Debbie and I will be bringing the Tahoe with parts and tools. It’s a lot easier to load than the SSR.

If anyone needs any of my parts for this session, please order them on line and put a note on your order telling me you want the parts hand carried to the tech session. I’ll do so and refund the shipping to you when I hand you the parts.

I’ll be bringing my soldering tools and stepper motors again.

See you all there.

Mike
Mike: I appreciate that you are personally bringing the part. Please keep the shipping as you are doing me a favor. Thanks, David.

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,867 Posts
Can't make this one, we will be out of the country.
If anyone needs the console popper or Visor spacers, Mike will be able to bring them if you let him know.
Greg

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Ginny and I will be there. We made a reservation at the Hampton. I will contact MikeinAZ about the stepper motors and other items which that work entails. I have the 2 metal forked plates which should allow the removal of the coin tray on the left side of the dash. I have not had any joy in making them work. Perhaps someone can show me the proper use of them. Looking forward to our first outing in the Winnie area. Thanks and Regards. Bruce G. Geaux LSU Tigers!!

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ginny and I will be there. We made a reservation at the Hampton. I will contact MikeinAZ about the stepper motors and other items which that work entails. I have the 2 metal forked plates which should allow the removal of the coin tray on the left side of the dash. I have not had any joy in making them work. Perhaps someone can show me the proper use of them. Looking forward to our first outing in the Winnie area. Thanks and Regards. Bruce G. Geaux LSU Tigers!!
No worries, we can help with coin tray removal. I’ve seen the removal tools, but never had the occasion to try them. I’ve always used a hotel key card that I cut into strips. The tool should make it easier, once the technique is discovered. We’ll give it a whirl.

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Order some stuff from Mike in AZ that I will install later (tire savers & cover), but would like the turn signal LED lights installed!! "ROBERT"?? Will be busy cooking Crayfish and BBQ so just maybe someone will step up and install.
Lol. You are always on my list, or is it the other way around?

I’ve got you covered

·
Premium Member
705 Posts
Well I sure will try and make the trip again.Right now I don't need anything,but haven't had the R out in awhile. Damn salt on the roads.That's the only thing that will keep me from coming is the weather. March is a iffy time.We get bunches of snow in March sometimes.I'll be glad to help out any way I can.

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I was doing a little suspension work a couple weeks ago and cleaned up afterward. Then I thought @Daverobertson should see this, so I snapped a couple pics....
F1B4A1DF-4244-4C6D-857D-1B63E7E98392.jpeg
48B3F277-5CF7-427B-B4B0-292D4212522D.jpeg

Yes, the shocks, control arms and springs are sporting a fresh coat of wax. It won’t look this pretty for long given we drive in the rain, but I still know what is under that fine layer of dirt...:cool:

Hope you can make it Dave.
- Robert

1 - 20 of 126 Posts