·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,562 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
2004 SSR Ultra Violet
42,531 Posts
Ooooh! - It's a Canadian Standoff! HaHa!
The second thread link ttarob posted has some data that I gleaned a few years ago
5B115278 - Rebuilt Title
I remember from earlier posts of this R, there were issues with it ... well that was almost 4 years ago!!

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
:|

What was/is the point of this "mod". A convertible hardtop is much superior to a soft top unless you're just taken by the soft top look.

As to the (lambo door latch) setup, never heard of it. Is that suggesting (suicide reverse opening doors) or possibly (gull wing) type opening doors on a few older Mercedes.

Funny how ya can be involved with streetrods and Hotrods and specialty vechicles since the 50's................and along comes a term like (lambo doors)///////////and you have no clue whatsoever:|:|

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,736 Posts
That "mod" reminds me of the cars from the 80's and 90's that were hardtops but had convertible cloth covering the roof to give the appearance of a convertible. I don't think many people were fooled.

Dave

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
2004 SSR Ultra Violet
42,531 Posts
That "mod" reminds me of the cars from the 80's and 90's that were hardtops but had convertible cloth covering the roof to give the appearance of a convertible. I don't think many people were fooled.

Dave
Yes the top is still factory but covered with the “tuxedo” top like limo’s used to have!!

·
Dr Who
649 Posts
I would really like to pick the mind of the person that came up with this concept. A lot of work went into that R. Just would like to know the reasoning behind the color and the top....

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
I'd guess it's because that's what blows their skirt up. :lol
Customizing is funny thing, some do it to be different, and some do it because they are trying to improve on what the factory built. But it still boils down to personal taste.

·
OP
8,225 Posts
:|

What was/is the point of this "mod". A convertible hardtop is much superior to a soft top unless you're just taken by the soft top look.

As to the (lambo door latch) setup, never heard of it. Is that suggesting (suicide reverse opening doors) or possibly (gull wing) type opening doors on a few older Mercedes.

Funny how ya can be involved with streetrods and Hotrods and specialty vechicles since the 50's................and along comes a term like (lambo doors)///////////and you have no clue whatsoever:|:|
It refers to lamborghini style doors, just abbreviated to "lambo"

1 - 20 of 42 Posts