·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
3,479 Posts
:|

What was/is the point of this "mod". A convertible hardtop is much superior to a soft top unless you're just taken by the soft top look.

As to the (lambo door latch) setup, never heard of it. Is that suggesting (suicide reverse opening doors) or possibly (gull wing) type opening doors on a few older Mercedes.

Funny how ya can be involved with streetrods and Hotrods and specialty vechicles since the 50's................and along comes a term like (lambo doors)///////////and you have no clue whatsoever:|:|

·
SSR Pit Crew
2006 Pac Blue FPR Auto
2,486 Posts
That "mod" reminds me of the cars from the 80's and 90's that were hardtops but had convertible cloth covering the roof to give the appearance of a convertible. I don't think many people were fooled.

Dave

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
2004 SSR Ultra Violet
46,172 Posts
That "mod" reminds me of the cars from the 80's and 90's that were hardtops but had convertible cloth covering the roof to give the appearance of a convertible. I don't think many people were fooled.

Dave
Yes the top is still factory but covered with the “tuxedo” top like limo’s used to have!!

·
OP
8,280 Posts
:|

What was/is the point of this "mod". A convertible hardtop is much superior to a soft top unless you're just taken by the soft top look.

As to the (lambo door latch) setup, never heard of it. Is that suggesting (suicide reverse opening doors) or possibly (gull wing) type opening doors on a few older Mercedes.

Funny how ya can be involved with streetrods and Hotrods and specialty vechicles since the 50's................and along comes a term like (lambo doors)///////////and you have no clue whatsoever:|:|
It refers to lamborghini style doors, just abbreviated to "lambo"

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.