Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This SSR belongs to Sreetrodron. It has a really pretty face but she sure has had some problems. It started for me when Ron called about 9pm one night about 6 months ago, he was very frustrated. His truck would not start. He had gotten my number from a Fanatic whose truck I had worked on. He had been having intermittent problems with starting. We finally solved that problem by changing the switch again, cleaning the ground at the battery, then cleaning both grounds at battery, the changing the battery, etc. All of this was done by phone because he lives in Chalmette about 75 miles away. Ron is an old time HotRodder but now has bad knees and must rely on someone else to do the actual labor and this causes problem of getting good help. But we were able to solve the problems.

The next problem. ABS Module, We fixed that problem at Felix's garage with a lift this last week end. We also installed Mike's top lift struts and ABS Heat Shield.

Next problem. The top. The truck was repainted by a shop that did not know anything about an SSR. 'nuf said. Ron said the top had not worked "right" since then. Then the leaking lift cylinders were removed by someone who had never seen an SSR before. He pulled top off of the compartment where RDM is for some strange reason, the pulled the seats, removed the carpeting behind the seats and pulled the studs to the cylinder brackets to remove the pins that hold the lift cylinders. Got inside the top compartment to work on it. He ruined one of the "O" rings during the install. I drove over to see the truck in person. Needless to say that after I had replaced the "O"ring I really did not know where to start.The top won't do anything. Push to top down button, nothing except the DIC says "MANUALLY RAISE TONNEAU COVER". We found one of the toneau cover latch switches was stuck. Then discovered the other latch would not go completely closed, freed it up by lubricating. We checked all the fuses, removed the RDM, cleaned and lubed the connectors with CRC, nothing.

Dicktator thinks it has to be the RDM so Ron ordered a new one this morning and we will install it this coming weekend along with removing the other tonneau cover latch and lubing it (it will not completely seat all the way so we get the ding, ding, "Roof Ajar" message.) We did the left door click repair yesterday and will do the right one Sat along with the roof compartment sponge install.
Whew!!!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
They are both gorgeous
I am sure you will figure it out!

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,384 Posts
She is good looking, hopefully y'all will get the problems solved. I presume he is fond of that shade of Blue!!!

Nick

·
Premium Member
1,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Blue........

Yes I guess he likes that blue. He had both instrument panel lights changed to blue.

Jack

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,509 Posts
Two beautiful rides, hope you get it all working well again !!!!!

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,538 Posts
Impressive, Jack . . . TWO BEAUTIES.

! :banana ! :cheers ! :banana ! :cheers ! :banana !

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,459 Posts
Love them both! Good luck with the roof!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts