Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Perfectionist
05 Redline, 06 Pac Blue, Spfld, Illinois
569 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody use any low dust pads to rave about?

·
Premium Member
758 Posts
I’ve used ACDelco and Hawk ceramic pads on the SSR and a couple of Corvettes... Really made a difference on keeping the rims clean.

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
:unsure:
Wanting to keep the rims clean is one objective. But it's not necessarily the (overriding) best objective when it comes to braking. One of the more expensive brands out there is Mercedes. I've often noticed that the front wheels on them are caked with brake dust...........Gee, maybe they decided that dirty wheels were a better option than pads that wouldn't create that problem but would at the same time not offer the stopping power as the other.

On another related point.........You need to be sure that the pads you select are (COMPATIBLE) with the rotors you have. Years ago, my little Toyota pickup went maybe 40,000 miles before I had some warpage.

Had the rotors turned and a new set of pads installed and didn't get to 20,000 as I recall before the warpage returned and I had to do it all over again. The answer was that the pads I used were not meant for the stock rotors and thus wore them out before a stock set of pad would have.:(

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Ebc pads and new rotors for me in a few weeks
Iam replacing all suspension with coilover swap
BMR adjustable rods

I always install new hardware
ARP 12pt

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,008 Posts
When I replaced my rotors with US made drilled slotted ones they came (optional) with ceramic pads. After installing them the truck was almost dangerous to drive as the brakes were useless.
I talked to a local shop and they told me to get Delco pads. They said they have never had a car come back with braking issues with Delco pads and have had issues with many other aftermarket pads. I bought the pads locally, had the rotors cleaned up after the other pads just glazed them up. Brakes were solid after that. I have had them on for two years now with no issues and never have a dust problem. This is my daily drive so it get lots of use.

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
I might try the rayobestos assys

new calipers and rotors, pads were great

worked well on the canyon diesel I just sold

Here are some floating rotors from a sema tdi-r build

rotors were 1k per set

·
Premium Member
53 Posts
Yes