Chevy SSR Forum banner

Throttle position sensor

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JOHN317 
#1 ·
For a while I thought that I my 05 was significantly down on power in the low rpm range. I finally figured out that it was really just decreased throttle response in relation to the a given gas pedal position. I am familiar to the feeling having previously owned a performance car that had a "sport" mode button, that really gave the illusion of more power just by sharpening the throttle response.
Anyways..........my ssr suddenly began needing more gas pedal to feel normal. With more accelerator travel it feels normal. When I took it in for a number of service problems, it came back feeling good for day or so. but is now feeling funny again regarding the throttle response. I know that the truck has a throttle position sensor and was wondering if anypne else has had this problem ? thanks

#2 ·
nobody answered this but I will share my experience. I took the truck in for the ses light. They found a code for a clutch problem, but the clutch checked out ok. They reset the pcm to shut off the light, and guess what? The throttle response is back to normal again.

#4 ·
Zero Throttle

6.0scSSR said:
For a while I thought that I my 05 was significantly down on power in the low rpm range. I finally figured out that it was really just decreased throttle response in relation to the a given gas pedal position. I am familiar to the feeling having previously owned a performance car that had a "sport" mode button, that really gave the illusion of more power just by sharpening the throttle response.
Anyways..........my ssr suddenly began needing more gas pedal to feel normal. With more accelerator travel it feels normal. When I took it in for a number of service problems, it came back feeling good for day or so. but is now feeling funny again regarding the throttle response. I know that the truck has a throttle position sensor and was wondering if anypne else has had this problem ? thanks
I got in my 2005 6spd one day and after I started it I had 0 throttle response! Turned the key off and on again and it was OK.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.