Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I could purchase one of those tie down rings? Just bought my first SSR and one of them is missing.

Thanks in advance.

Gib

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
4 used for the 05/06 soft bags.............& 1 each side for the cargo bar. None needed if you have neither systems.

Bird
Thanks, Bird. I plan to put some sort of a soft bag back there for carrying things and thought that stabilizing it to the rings would keep it from moving around. Any ideas on bags and mats that won't mar the bed slats. The slats on mine look as if they never had anything on them.

Gib

Reactions: Jersey red

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
soft bags

Thanks, Bird. I plan to put some sort of a soft bag back there for carrying things and thought that stabilizing it to the rings would keep it from moving around. Any ideas on bags and mats that won't mar the bed slats. The slats on mine look as if they never had anything on them.

Gib
Bib, soft bags are out there if you post your needs or wants. Someone probably will post a picture of them installed so you can view the look.

Bird

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Your wish is my command Bird !
Jersey,

Looks like you have your quota of bags! Now I want one or two for certain.

Thanks for the pic.

Gib

Reactions: Jersey red

·
Registered
105 Posts

Gib
If carpet is a consideration they sell fitted SSR bed carpet with the Logo.
I've been looking for soft bags as well without much luck.
Custom Floor Mats, Covers, and Accessories - AutoMatStore.com

·
Registered
604 Posts

Gib
I had hard saddle bags and then the SSR soft bags, found they held very little. I now use these, they collapse flat if not needed. I keep one tethered to a D ring and the other folded flat inside the open one in case I need to open it and have two in use. I also have one of these in each of my other 4 vehicles as they are very versatile. https://www.harborfreight.com/trunk-organizer-65178.html

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had hard saddle bags and then the SSR soft bags, found they held very little. I now use these, they collapse flat if not needed. I keep one tethered to a D ring and the other folded flat inside the open one in case I need to open it and have two in use. I also have one of these in each of my other 4 vehicles as they are very versatile. https://www.harborfreight.com/trunk-organizer-65178.html
Cali,

Does the underside of those bags have protection for the SSR carpet and those nice shiny slats that I don't want to mar?

Thanks, Gib

·
Registered
188 Posts
Snap-on makes a similar carrier, with Velcro on the bottom to keep it from moving around. I have one of those in my bed, along with a Snap-on Tool Carrier that also comes with the velcro on the bottom. I like the Red / Black color scheme. It's just another option....

I bought them for about $30 ea about 6 months ago. Current prices are just Crazy, I think due to them being out of stock. Search may find them for you at reasonable prices.

Trunk Carrier PN 870116

·
Registered
604 Posts
Cali,

Does the underside of those bags have protection for the SSR carpet and those nice shiny slats that I don't want to mar?

Thanks, Gib
I keep another fitted SSR carpet piece, like the one pictured, on top of the slats as I also keep a spare tire in the bed. The bag has material on the bottom and also two rubberish type squares that I guess are to hold into carpet. I guess on the slats they could cause marks but no scratches like metal would. But as I said I keep a carpet piece on top of my slats for the spare tire.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts