Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Aqua Blur SSR Pit Crew
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just had my first little problem yesterday. The "Tighten Gas Cap" message came on and I can't get it to clear. The gas cap has been removed, retightened and it won't clear. It will go away when any function key is hit but it comes back on the next time it started. I've searched other threads where it was mentioned but never saw what resolved the problem. The dealer has said to bring it down and they would hook it up to the majic computer but I'd like to have some sort of idea going in. Any help would be great!! Thanks Jim O :confused

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have not had this experience in my SSR - but my previous chevy did it (chronic problem) and dealer advised me that it was not unusual for it to take 3 or 4 days (or half a tank of gas) to clear. That was a Cavalier, of course - but I never had this happen until I bought my first Chevy. Dealer might be able to offer some insight.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Same problem here. I took it in and they told me the seals were defective on the cap and replaced it but it still happens. It is very aggrivating. I am taking it back in soon.

·
Resident Rocket Scientist
11,999 Posts
I seem to recall reading something in the owners manual that talks about some gas not being up to the task and the computer will generate that message. Next tank try Shell or Chevron - stay away from the ARCO.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,796 Posts
Might need a new cas cap.

beer100 said:
Do you turn the cap till it clicks?
You also might have a bad cap where it just won't seal properly. If that continues to happen ask for a new gas cap.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts