Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Premium Member
9,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tim Olson was Progam Planning and Accessory Manager, GM Specialty Vehicle Activity

Tim had the opportunity during his tenure on the SSR program to take over 3400 behind the scene photographs documenting the development of the SSR.

Tim has generously offered his entire portfolio of SSR photos to SSR Fanatics. He has removed all copyrights so that Fanatics will be able to download and save photos.

"The SSR was a true passion to work on for the 5 or so years I was on the program from the end of '99 to 2004. We (I) had such a rare opportunity to be able to take photos of all the stages of the design, development and build process, like no other vehicle program, since most of it was in one building in Oak Park, MI and we were outside of the normal GM system that would have restricted cameras ... plus digital camera were just coming to age"

Tim's Signature was on Signature 23, which I was fortunate to own from May 2007 to September 2009.

Link to Tim's photo collection.

Albums : SSR

Attachments

· Registered
46 Posts
This is really great to see. It must have been fun working on such a unique vechicle.

I worked for Ford Tractor Division back in the 70's and sure did not take any pictures! :). However, when I do see an old Ford tractor I wonder if it is one of the units that I scheduled for build and created the build sheet.

Regards,

Old Detroiter and Motor Head

Jim

· Premium Member
1,309 Posts
Great find Ray!

Wow... sure is fun to see some of the permutations and thoughts that went into the final design as well as some of the other stuff that didn't make it.

Thanks for sharing!

G

· Super Moderator
14,428 Posts
Wow! This is going to take some time!!! :D
Huge thanks to Tim Olson - and thanks for arranging, or at the very least least for posting the link Ray. :)

· Premium Member
9,722 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It would great to have a book with all the pictures?

:black: :)
Tim has made it possible to download any photos you want.

Simplest process would be to download them into a file, and print them on good quality photo paper.

Alternative would be to download the photos onto a memory device, and have a photo shop print them for you. WalMart does pretty good photos at a reasonable price.

· Premium Member
2,070 Posts
Great Photo Nostalgia>>> Ray

I especially enjoyed the start of building the facility with all that it entailed to begin the process of engineering final design of our unique trucks.You can see the genuine enthusiasm on the faces of the guys who appeared to be spear heading the project. It would be very cool if one of the head engineers narrated these picture albums into a video /audio presentation. Much could be gotten from the book :"SSR American Original",but still it would be a cool idea I think>>>> Thanks again Ray for sharing a piece of SSR history with us!
Hal :yellow::) PS: Was that a ASC facility,I know they built 40% of the SSR including our very cool retractible top etc.?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.