Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How hard is it to get one of these babies? :)

Well, my lease on my second BMW Z3 is up in May. I saw the SSR when it was the main ad on yahoo.com, so I go to the nearest Chevy dealer and do a test drive.

So I figured I'd just order one, so I'd get it in May.

Well, everyone went into shock. The dealership is only "allotted" one. WTF is this?

Well, now the dealer isn't even returning my calls. Too bad, because the dealer is a half mile from where I work. I thought that'd be nice since I could just drop it off for them to check out and detail every six months or so.

However, I'm learning that that sort of customer treatment is a purely mid-west type thing. In New Jersey the sevice departments are all put out by that idea.

So, anyway. How hard is it going to be to get a hold of what I want, delivered in May? I need to decide whether to order a Z3 or not.
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Well, since they're not making Z3's any more that might be a little difficult.
However, you can go to Chevrolet's official web site, and do a dealer search, and try to find a dealership that's nicer. :thumbs
 

·
Machell
Joined
·
20,829 Posts
I guess some dealers who don't sell as many trucks may be in that boat. But any dealer should be able to help you out with this request. Like Sam said do a search, you will find one.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,665 Posts
Leasing companies

You could try a third party leasing company. Just tell them what you want and let them do the work. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sam Fowler said:
Well, since they're not making Z3's any more that might be a little difficult.
However, you can go to Chevrolet's official web site, and do a dealer search, and try to find a dealership that's nicer. :thumbs
Well, I'm thinking of ordering the Z4, of course :)

I guess they don't make enough of these so you can just order what you want, heh?

I've been to Chevrolet's website, a lot! Having to negotiate with a bunch of Chevy dealer's was plan B. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
houtex said:
You could try a third party leasing company. Just tell them what you want and let them do the work. :D
I don't think a third party leasing company is going to give me a 28,000 residual for a three year old SSR.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
102 Posts
You need to find a larger volume dealer. Here in the Midwest (near Chicago), there are dozens of dealers with several 05's sitting waiting for a new owner with more on the way. Ebay is also full of them and possibly one would consider a lease deal. If you don't have to be in an 05 there are lots of 04's out there at fantastic deals. You can get one buy buying right and probabally no larger payment than leasing AND not be tied to if you ever want to get out. You also might want to keep it as well. I bought a new 04 several weeks ago and with the GM $1,500 loyalty and a minor $400 in GM earnings walked away with an SSR that was over $48K for just over $31,000! The deals are out there...
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Doug, you didn't say where you are, but I'm assuming it's NC.
Plan B isn't the most pleasant experience in the world, but think of the "fun" stories you'll have to tell. :boxing :rolleyes:
I don't know why, but I'd say try Fayetteville, with all the military there, they've GOT to be used to being competitive.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,215 Posts
hpdjv said:
You need to find a larger volume dealer. Here in the Midwest (near Chicago), there are dozens of dealers with several 05's sitting waiting for a new owner with more on the way. Ebay is also full of them and possibly one would consider a lease deal. If you don't have to be in an 05 there are lots of 04's out there at fantastic deals. You can get one buy buying right and probabally no larger payment than leasing AND not be tied to if you ever want to get out. You also might want to keep it as well. I bought a new 04 several weeks ago and with the GM $1,500 loyalty and a minor $400 in GM earnings walked away with an SSR that was over $48K for just over $31,000! The deals are out there...
I WAS TOLD THE $1500 LOYALTY THEY HAD IN JAN. WAS ONLY ON THE 05 SSR. WHAT MONTH DID YOU USE THAT? THANKS, MASON
 
B

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Loyalty

You could have used it on any new chevy the year did not matter. Just had to be a new sled. 04 or 05 even 03 if they had any new ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
740 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sam Fowler said:
Doug, you didn't say where you are, but I'm assuming it's NC.
Plan B isn't the most pleasant experience in the world, but think of the "fun" stories you'll have to tell. :boxing :rolleyes:
I don't know why, but I'd say try Fayetteville, with all the military there, they've GOT to be used to being competitive.
New Jersey. Any big dealers around here?
 
S

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
UH OH!, your in trouble now! :boxing
Just kidding, I've always heard car dealers up there are hard to deal with. :smash
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top