Chevy SSR Forum banner

101 - 106 of 106 Posts

·
SSR Believer
658 Posts
Just encase this tip hasn't been mentioned before: Never cover the headlights on a SSR with anything while the lights are on. You will melt the head lights due to the heat build up!!!!!!!!!!!
I wonder if that's what happened to ours once upon a time? The upper part of the driver's side headlight has a small raised area where it looks like it melted a tiny bit. 🤔

Looked at replacing it but all I can find are knock-offs for about $160 or the real deal used and new for between $300 and $650. o_O

Good to know! (y)

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,635 Posts
I'm really glad that I had seen a post on here awhile back on this. I've always kept a cover over my hood unless I'm driving it and never thought that the cover could damage the headlights lens if left on.

Dave

·
Premium Member
127 Posts
Just a side note on those crazy little "lovebugs", if not previously mentioned, the little buggers will also eat through clearcoat if not removed in a reasonable amount of time.
A real problem in Southeast Georgia twice a year for approximately 3 weeks each time - thanks KennethHorn for the clay bar tip...

101 - 106 of 106 Posts