Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so now I'm thinking of putting on a set of custom billet wheels. I saw an earlier post of someone overseas who had installed 22/20's. With a NITTO tire keeping the diameter as close as possible on the rear, how far off might I expect to have the spedo and will this have a noticeable adverse effect on the acceleration from a stop or the gearing/rpm driveability?

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,952 Posts
Ok, so now I'm thinking of putting on a set of custom billet wheels. I saw an earlier post of someone overseas who had installed 22/20's. With a NITTO tire keeping the diameter as close as possible on the rear, how far off might I expect to have the spedo and will this have a noticeable adverse effect on the acceleration from a stop or the gearing/rpm driveability?
If the tire diameter is the same or close there will be no issue regardless of wheel diameter. However the lower profile 22" tires will ride harsher.
If you have an iPhone or iPad download the Tire Size Calculator app. You can compare various tire and wheel combination to the stock size and see what effect it has on speedometer accuracy. This will help pick out a tire size the matches the dia. Of the oem tire.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
852 Posts
Stock front tires are 28” and rears are 29.3”. I have a set of Nitto tires for sale that are about as close to stock as you can get in 20/22’s. The only issue with the Nitto’s is how wide of rim you put on the rear which is why I had to change these out. As far as speedometer I never noticed much of a difference.

http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f22/nitto-nt420s-tires-202482/

Rope

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Rope for chiming in and offering those up. Still deciding on the wheels. I’m a Pirelli fan too
��

1 - 4 of 4 Posts