Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Bad is Good
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More traffic over here
Looking for some opinions to help me decide if this is the path i want to follow.
Wanting to powder coat rims black and have done plastidip barrells and face which is cheaper to convince myself that black is the way to go.
Which it is
Second step is now with all the black in the wheel wells seems to need something else.
MGP Calipers are ordered in yellow with black studs, black SS with the red R
Deciding now if i paint the lettering on tires
Opinions needed
All black
White lettering
Yellow lettering
I have thick skin so dont be shy

Thanks
BennyB

Attachments

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
28,976 Posts
Of the three I prefer the yellow lettering, but I have never been known for my artistic taste or talent.

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
More traffic over here
Looking for some opinions to help me decide if this is the path i want to follow.
Wanting to powder coat rims black and have done plastidip barrells and face which is cheaper to convince myself that black is the way to go.
Which it is
Second step is now with all the black in the wheel wells seems to need something else.
Opinions needed
All black
White lettering
Yellow lettering

Thanks
BennyB
(n)
Personally, I'm not at all with some of the current trend toward black wheels. I'm a chrome wheel guy to offset the blah black tires. But in your choices, the yellow seems to moderate the totally black look somewhat.

·
Premium Member
2005 SSR
11 Posts
More traffic over here
Which it is
Opinions needed
All black
White lettering
Yellow lettering

Thanks
BennyB
Sorry, but I too am not a fan of black wheels. To me it just looks like an unkept car with brake dust and road grime all over the rims.

·
Bad is Good
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
im liking the feed back. the anti black rims, i hear you and my wife is on board with you all and has not stopped reminding me about it.
im one of those few that dont like chrome period on a car or anything else.
when i had my pac blue i ditched all the chrome for satin. i know i speak crazy talk.
the new toy im trying to soften the yellow by blacking out where i can and dipped the chrome rims which where never going to stay on the truck, hence my back up satin set.
slowly creating new look . this is leading me to the final cosmetic change. either im going to rally stripe it with black stripes or make it a two tone with black over yellow.
so its a work in progress.
thanks
BennyB

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
28,976 Posts
Bumble Bee was Yellow with Black Stripes if I recall correctly, and that seemed to work pretty well!

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,399 Posts
Black wheels: 👎 Yellow letters: 👍🏼 (The proceeding is strictly the opinion of the author) 😉

·
Daily Driver
9,042 Posts
I'm partial to white lettering but with a yellow truck and yellow brakes probably yellow lettering would look best.
However if you decide to two tone the truck I'd do yellow over black. Much easier($$$$) than painting all the pieces of the top, tonneau cover, bed cover, and doors. But it's your truck so whatever blows your skirt up.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
4,156 Posts
I will throw this out there to really upset the apple cart. I would have went with the red caliper covers over yellow. As for the wheels I would go with a gloss gray over black it has a richer look to it I think and the yellow letters. Or a dark gray spokes and a satin edge on the rim would look good. But I am not a fan of black wheels.

When you go to clean the paint off the wheels either go to the car wash or use a pressure washer. I did it to a set of running boards to see if I liked it before I went to a black set. I did one side all black and the other side I did black with the raised treads silver. I thought that stuff just pealed right off. Yeah right. It took me a couple hours with the pressure washed to get it off.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts