Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys !
After reading the posts on this site I am now reconsidering the purchase of an SSR.
I want a car that is fun not a problem.
I know we don't live in a perfect world.
But I had an Olds. that was a lemon. It took 12 months off my life span.
But I have not thrown the SSR out yet.

My questions.
Since the front and rear tires are of different size.
How is rotation done ? Switch sides ? Or not at all.
How is the tire wear on this vehicle. ( Normal driving , no burn outs. )
I don't want to have to replace front tires every 7000 miles on the front end.
What kind of wear ar you guys getting out of your tires ?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
My view is that SSR is one car that hits you in your hearts impulse

you gotta have it impulse.

If you read my past posts, I have many problems with the car but...

You gotta have it. and I have no regrets.

I look forward to a great day each time I look at my Yellow one sitting out in the lot.

Some things you live with just like the one sleeping next to you everyday. You'll be glad you did.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
I have 5,500 miles on my tires and are showing no signs of wear. I am very careful with my truck, so no burnouts or hot-dogging. As far as rotation, forget it. :)

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts

I've got 8300 on mine and I haven't noticed any tire wear yet.

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
Tire Wear

Been on the road for the last 10 days - about a week to go. Close to 20000 miles, and the tires look fine. I would need to get a tire depth gauge to give you something more accurate, but I would guess that I still have at least 50% left, and extremely even wear.

The SSR has been great - no significant problems, except replacing the tonneau hinges - a problem with the early serial numbers.

In Flagstaff tonight, Phoenix tomorrow, then I 10 to LA, and up the coastline. I look forward to getting back in it every morning. Even in a car mecca like Vegas, it got constant stares and finger pointing.

One item I'm definitely going to follow up on from SEMA is the Dakota Digital tire pressure/temp gauge (shows all 4 in a 2 1/8 gauge which will replace the instant fuel on the auxiliary gauge pod.) Retail is $400, including the 4 pressure/temp senders - Dakota says battery life is about 10 years, so should last till your next tire change no problem.

Ray

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I am getting close to 16K on my tires and they still look good. have not had to replace them yet and don't think I will have to for a while. :seeya

·
Registered
590 Posts
Some Ssr Owners May Have Bought For The Wrong Reason

duncan said:
Hey Guys !
After reading the posts on this site I am now reconsidering the purchase of an SSR.
I want a car that is fun not a problem.
If you want the performance of a Corvette,quiteness of a Cadillac,seating room of a Suburban,towing capacity of a Duramax,cargo room of a van,economy of a Cavalier,versatility of a Avalanche and lighter than a Malibu , then the SSR is not the vehicle for you. :nodno

Paid more money for a 32 FORD Roadster with no side windows,less room inside ,no creature comforts at all,no warranty,lots of wind noise and road noise,but is a ton of fun.

If you are looking at the SSR as a investment then you might look for something safer to invest in.

But if you are a street rodder at heart,like the attention of unique styling,good performance,throaty exhaust,great creature comforts,a blast to drive,and don't want to build a street rod from scratch,then you will enjoy this vehicle! :yesnod

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
amen!! everybody just needs to enjoy the ssr for what it is

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I stand corrected. I think I have enjoyed my SSR a bit too much and need to buy rear tires this week. Sure was fun gettin it though! Small price to pay for so much fun. ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
you will be replacing all three gauges for they are on one board in the pod.
found out when i put in boost gauge for supercharger.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts