Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry guys,

But the how low can it go story is getting pretty old and tiring.

To me it doesn't matter what I paid for mine full price or 10g under sticker. In the time I've had it, it's been a joy to drive around and show off. When I first brought it home, I was the only one in town driving one. Don't get me wrong, not the only one to have one, but the only one driving one (the others were sittin in garages to afraid to bring them out to play).

I don't care what the NADART, Kelley blue book, or Edmunds report the vehicle worth due to so called depreciation. In my eyes this is an instant classic that will only escalate over the years. I don't see mine depreciating in value, because if someone wanted to get any particular vehicle from me, they would have to pay what ever I would be willing to let it go for. At this point in time, I wouldn't sell mine for less than 50G, just because I'm enjoying mine as much as I am. I'm not agreedy person, but if you have to put a price on a piece of happiness that someone wants to take from you to keep as their own, you might as well make it worth your while (replacement value, what will it take to get or build another one, lost time of not driving one, pure enjoyment).

I bought mine with no intension of trading it or selling it (much like the other vehicles I own). I bought it to enjoy because of the way it looked and performed. It's had it's little querks here and there, but so have the classic muscle cars and trucks that I've owned or restored over the years. I plan to do some modifications to mine starting with the paint job, then the motor, suspension, and wheels. The wife and I are going to take a trip on Hot Rod Power Tour this year, so who cares how low it will go, not me.

Let's just get in sit down and enjoy the ride.

From this day forward my figures will only increase. The price of happiness.... imeasurable.

My two cents worth. Love it or leave it. It makes no differance to me.

·
Registered
601 Posts
FUZZY said:
Sorry guys,

But the how low can it go story is getting pretty old and tiring.

To me it doesn't matter what I paid for mine full price or 10g under sticker. In the time I've had it, it's been a joy to drive around and show off. When I first brought it home, I was the only one in town driving one. Don't get me wrong, not the only one to have one, but the only one driving one (the others were sittin in garages to afraid to bring them out to play).

I don't care what the NADART, Kelley blue book, or Edmunds report the vehicle worth due to so called depreciation. In my eyes this is an instant classic that will only escalate over the years. I don't see mine depreciating in value, because if someone wanted to get any particular vehicle from me, they would have to pay what ever I would be willing to let it go for. At this point in time, I wouldn't sell mine for less than 50G, just because I'm enjoying mine as much as I am. I'm not agreedy person, but if you have to put a price on a piece of happiness that someone wants to take from you to keep as their own, you might as well make it worth your while (replacement value, what will it take to get or build another one, lost time of not driving one, pure enjoyment).

I bought mine with no intension of trading it or selling it (much like the other vehicles I own). I bought it to enjoy because of the way it looked and performed. It's had it's little querks here and there, but so have the classic muscle cars and trucks that I've owned or restored over the years. I plan to do some modifications to mine starting with the paint job, then the motor, suspension, and wheels. The wife and I are going to take a trip on Hot Rod Power Tour this year, so who cares how low it will go, not me.

Let's just get in sit down and enjoy the ride.

From this day forward my figures will only increase. The price of happiness.... imeasurable.

My two cents worth. Love it or leave it. It makes no differance to me.
I have to agree with Fuzzy.

We bought ours because we loved it. We paid a lot more then the new members of this site. That is because we wanted the truck so bad. We couldn't wait for it to come out.

Now we have it and we love it. It will be a classic to me. And as long as I drive down the street and heads turn when I go pass or they pass me I will be happy.

I do thank the people that update the site with information on the lower prices. And I have even put stuff out there. But let only use the lower price iformation for the people who ares till trying to buy one. Let us enjoy our great trucks and Enjoyt the looks and smiles we get everyday. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts