Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the dreaded TLAT switch failure after getting The R out of storage last weekend. I followed the instructions listed in T-Lat Switch.
I was not able to pull the module out as stated in the article and I noted that the top Philips head screw holds the TLAT switch in place. Not sure if the other Philips had screw needs to come out. Even though I could not get to the switch module like he does in his pictures I was able to jar the switch enough to get it working again. Hopefully I never have to replace the switch because all the old posts referred to Radio Shack and they are gone now also.
I am not sure how he was able to pull the module up high enough to get at the switch like he does in his pictures. I could not get it high enough to twist the switch module to where he had it, but I was able to get it unstuck and working. Anyways I would like to thank all those who post all theses fixes.
Ollie

·
Registered
183 Posts
Ollie, just had to do this to mine last week. Guess sitting all winter tends to make them cranky. Getting it out required a little wiggling while pulling up and out at the top. It sort of slides in and down about an inch at the bottom. Fiddly, but it will come out. Sort of the same wiggling need to get it to re-seat when installing.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts