Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This Is To Inform All 6 Speed Owners.
I Have A 2004 Cadillaic Cts-v 400hp Ls6 And 6 Speed. Same Type Of Trans In Our Ssr. I Took My Cad In The Dealer For A Vibration It Only Happens In 6th Gear. When You Are Holding It At A Constant Speed. Push The Gas Down It Goes Away Let Off It Goes Away . It Only Happens When It Is In Cruse Or Hold It At A Constant Speed. At First They Thought It Was The Drive Shaft Clocked Wrong. That Wasnt It. Then They Thought It Might Be The Drive Shaft. Nope Not It Eather. Motor Mounts Nope. Like I Told Them It Only Happens In 6th Gear. Took The Service Writer And The Mechanic Out For A Ride To Show Them. So It Turns Out That It Needs A New Trans. This Car Only Has 21,000 Miles On It. The Vibration Started At Around 20,000 Miles. So This Is Just A Heads Up On Our Ssr's

·
2005 SSR LOW MILES
2,234 Posts
Thanks Mark

I HAVEN'T HAD ANY TROUBLE WITH MINE BUT I HAVE JUST UNDER 1500 MILES ON MINE THANS AGAIN FOR THE INFO:seeya

·
Registered
129 Posts
I thought the CTS-V used a different design than the T-56 in the SSR. ZF Trans like the C-4 Vettes maybe? Not for sure but I thought I had heard this before.

·
Premium Member
1,783 Posts
It won't be Long

SSR6SPD said:
I HAVEN'T HAD ANY TROUBLE WITH MINE BUT I HAVE JUST UNDER 1500 MILES ON MINE THANS AGAIN FOR THE INFO:seeya
SSR6SPD,

You only have 1500 miles now, but with the long bed dual axle option you are bound to have trouble soon.:lol :lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts