Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TO ALL. :ssr :flag :thumbs

A merrychristmas and happy new year. GOD bless all.
From Fatherlarry corvette shop and family.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts
May there be an SSR (or two) in everyones driveway! :cool Happy Holidays!

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Merry Christmas Father Larry, hope that new GT is working out for you!!!! Hope you continue to come back every now and again and let us know you are still around...and start a thread or two on an interesting topic ;)

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
artsmart said:
Merry Christmas Father Larry, hope that new GT is working out for you!!!! Hope you continue to come back every now and again and let us know you are still around...and start a thread or two on an interesting topic ;)
Well, now that there's snow on the ground, it doesn't look like "I'll be enjoying any outdoor activities, if you know what I mean"

It's funny, but I had a 1971 Ford Pantera, and if any one of you guys have ever driven a Pantera, you'll know what I mean. The cockpit on the GT feels a lot like the Pantera, and the ride too. After Ford’s failed attempt to purchase Ferrari, they hooked up with DeTomaso Automobili. Hence, the Pantera...the Pantera frame was tubular. Ghia stylist Tom Tjaarda styled the new machine, and Giam Paolo Dallara was engaged for chassis and production design. It was built around Ford’s then-new 5.7 liter (351 cu. in.) "Cleveland" V-8. This engine featured deep-breathing heads patterned after the very successful Boss 302 design, 4-barrel carburetion and 4-bolt main bearing caps. The new V-8 was mated to a ZF fully synchronized 5-speed transaxle with limited slip, and rated at 310 horsepower (SAE Gross, 1971 trim). I found that the 351 Cleveland in the Pantera is much more torquey than the GT. That Pantera was some deal for $10,000 back in the '70's and still is today.

I always wondered why Ford thought they could ever penetrate Ferrari, let alone buy them. Just look what they promised to Iacocca...promising him a partnership in the corporation. I guess Italians and Ford don't mix.

S

·
0 Posts
MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL!!!

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to all!!!! Have a safe new year to you and your SSR 's Tim Willow {SSR kid} :ssr

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Merry Crhistmas & Happy New Year

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you too Father Larry. I already miss your postings. It sure was nice to hear from you today :thumbs

May Your Holiday's be filled with the greatest of Joy's

1 - 10 of 10 Posts