Chevy SSR Forum banner

To Cool or Not to Cool, that is the question.

775 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  JOHN317 
#1 · (Edited)
What is the difference between an Intercooled and a Non-Intercooled (NI) Magnacharger, besides the obvious $$ difference and the fact that one is I/C and the other isn't. And please no snide remarks and innuendo about others on this board as it not helpful to any of us. John317

#2 ·
With an intercooled supercharger you are forceing a denser (cooler) air charge into the engine and on top of that a cooler charge is less prone to detonation.

You can also add alcohol injection to further cool the charge or a very small shot of nitrous. Keep in mind that if you want to try a small dry shot of nitrous before the MAF you will see a difference from what pill you use. By this I mean that a 50 shot pill will produce more along the line of 75 or more horsepower difference due to the supercharger.

#3 ·
So, in other words...

2005SSR6Speed said:
With an intercooled supercharger you are forceing a denser (cooler) air charge into the engine and on top of that a cooler charge is less prone to detonation.

You can also add alcohol injection to further cool the charge or a very small shot of nitrous. Keep in mind that if you want to try a small dry shot of nitrous before the MAF you will see a difference from what pill you use. By this I mean that a 50 shot pill will produce more along the line of 75 or more horsepower difference due to the supercharger.
The new Radix NI offerd by Magnachargrer will not produce as much HP.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.