Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've used this product on my boats for years and its unbelievable. Spray it in (goes on like Windex) and wipe it off.
I've since used it on my cars and in 10 minutes it looks detailed. To me this is the best thing since sliced bread.
I have no affiliation with this product but trust me "It's the real deal"
Darker colors, that may show water spots, if not dried quite enough ??
This is for you ?
Your Welcome ?

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Boat-Bling-HS-Premium-Remover/dp/B006GWVBQ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1508892401&sr=8-1&keywords=hot+sauce+water+spot+remover[/ame]

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,347 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Thanks "Blue" never thought to do that. What a name "Hot Sauce" ... hope somebody doesn't try to spray it on their ribs. Got a quart of Stuarts Shine quick detailer left, so I'll stick with it right now. Again thanks for instructions/directions. Bob Alexander :ssr

·
Have SSR...will travel!!
1,225 Posts
Being from Louisiana I love the name!!!

I will have to give it a try on my :yellow:.

Thanks for the post.

·
Have SSR...will travel!!
1,225 Posts
I knew you would Judi ... it fit's you perfectly but ... I think it would go better on a Red Hot Redline Red >:):laugh: >:) :laugh: >:) :laugh: Bob :ssr
You can try it too Bob, after you finish what you already have.

Don't be jealous of my "red hot :yellow:" until you do!!!:grin2:

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Judi, Judi, Judi, I'm not jealous ... I'm envious. 9 years ago I wanted a :yellow: one, but you know who wanted a :ssr one !!! "I want one of those little red trucks" is all I heard. As you know a woman's favorite words are "yes dear" and "we'll see" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: Bobby Alexander (as my mother called me)

·
Have SSR...will travel!!
1,225 Posts
Judi, Judi, Judi, I'm not jealous ... I'm envious. 9 years ago I wanted a :yellow: one, but you know who wanted a :ssr one !!! "I want one of those little red trucks" is all I heard. As you know a woman's favorite words are "yes dear" and "we'll see" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: Bobby Alexander (as my mother called me)

Bob, I have never experienced that type of control over a man :frown2:, guess I was absent the day that lesson was taught :laugh:.

Sorry we hijacked your thread TeakFreak.

Look forward to meeting you!!!

·
DFW TX Crew
1,429 Posts
So the product description says it will remove hard water spots without removing any wax??

This is simply not possible. That's like saying you can wet sand the paint without removing any clear coat.... it just doesn't work that way.

If it's just a spray on product then I'm willing to bet it is a chemical cleaner with some sort of sealant or protection agents in the formula. It is not possible to remove etched in water spots and not remove any waxes. It probably just replaces the waxes it's removing but the marketing of it is definitely false.

Just being skeptical. I tend to never believe anything people hype up. There's too much of that going on these days.

Josh

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
Are hard water spots always etched in? I thought they were the minerals in the hard water that were left after the water evaporated.:puzzled:

·
DFW TX Crew
1,429 Posts
Are hard water spots always etched in? I thought they were the minerals in the hard water that were left after the water evaporated.:puzzled:
ALWAYS?? seriously bruce I'm not sure how to take you comment, whether you're being a smart A$$ or a sincere question? :grin2: of course not ALWAYS!! :wink2:

If you're being sincere then that's a good question. So I would tell you to try to just wipe off a water spot with your finger and see if the mineral deposit is etched in or sitting on top of the surface.... If left to long the minerals can etch into the clear coat.

There are times where water spots on top of a waxed and protected surface will wash off, however many times you will need a mix of vinegar or another acidic agent to remove the deposits. This will reduce or remove you wax and will need to be reapplied which kind of brings me back to my original comments.

Josh

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,899 Posts
I'll try to explain this without being too technical.
Hard water contains dissolved minerals mostly Calcium and Magnesium. Calcium is insoluble in water but is dissolved in the water and suspended as it flows through the strata of rock in the ground. The dissolved calcium in water is calcium carbonate CaCO3 the carbonate (CO3) picks up two protons from the water and forms H2CO3 which is a weak acid. Its much more technical than that but that's the readers digest version.

So, with all that technical stuff out of the way. When hard water is left to dry on your beautifully waxed paint, the weak acid etches the surface as the water evaporates leaving calcium deposited into the etched surface. The only way to remove this is with more weak acid ( vinegar, as Josh points out) or polishing the surface to remove the etched in calcium and re-waxing.
I suspect the Hot Sauce is slightly acidic and removes the calcium but the area will need to be re-sealed or waxed.

There are hose filter canisters that can be fitted with a softener cartridge to reduce the hardness of your tap water for washing. Autogeek sells one of these for about $50 or just wash in the shade and dry quickly before the water starts to evaporate.

Bottom line, JOSH IS RIGHT! He's a professional we need to take his advice!
Greg

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
ALWAYS?? seriously bruce I'm not sure how to take you comment, whether you're being a smart A$$ or a sincere question? :grin2: of course not ALWAYS!! :wink2:

Josh
Smartass? Moi? Why I never... uh, hardly ever. :blush-anim-cl:

No, it was a serious inquiry, my well water is so hard I never wash a car or fill the radiator/battery with it. I knew it was Calcium plus other crap that get left behind when it evaporates, but was unaware of all the chemical things going on. Thanks for the explanation.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts