Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We left 7 am on Oct 1st drove to Richmond, Indiana pretty well uneventful, except for a few verbal arguments about my driving. Late start Monday morning, was having harder time finding room for next nite finally decided on Springfield Missouri, quite a ride going thru St Louis was ready to park truck on sidewalk but we made and later while de-bugging my truck some how blew my rotator cuff. On the road by 9 am on Tuesday little bit of fog & drizzle, drizzled continually to we arrived at hotel. First Fanatic seen and shook hands with was "Larry Jones" I think I was his lucky charm to win # 14! That was just before 4 pm. They had planned to go for dinner at 4:30, changed to 5, so we would get checked in and could go with them. Then when we left for dinner I put roof down and got "Roof Ajar"so just put roof back up by that time (if you know how these Texans drive with there right foot to the floor) they were out of sight and we were lost, so with a cell call we found are way to Hucks...first time I had catfish. yummy! I remember Frank (Dinnerman) was floored by # of early arrival's, counted 19 SSR's at main hotel that nite. Wednesday to Sunday morning just went so fast but was so much fun meeting old friends and making new ones.
Started home 7:30 am Oct 8th, drove with Russ (Ross1957) , Mick (MicDonna) & Roger (Rogerdoger). Roger cut off after about 6 hrs, we stopped for night rest at Collinsville Illinois where hotel was, and adjacent to a restaurant where 05 Red was parked. When unpacking he came out we told him about ssrfanatics.com, Mick gave him a Dinnerman key he seemed interested, we may have a new member. Monday morning left around 8 and at about 11:30 accident stopped us on I70 w of Indianapolis, who would of thought we would have a comedy act happen but it did... started with state trooper in east traffic lanes pulling over a car for speeding, then as he was out of car he pulled car over for using emergency vehicle turnaround, then anther truck went to use turn around and stopped in middle and stayed there, he dealt with speeder, then back up on shoulder for a couple hundred feet and got out and was waving for the truck to come over and pull over, the guy in the truck wouldn't move, officer had hands on hips thru them in air you could he was boiling and the other vehicle drove away, traffic started to move so don't know what happen but when stopped for lunch we were all laughing about it. Oh was that trooper mad! While doing by pass at Indianapolis waved good bye to Russ & Mick and continued to Ashland, Ohio.
Next morning on the road about 9:30 due to fog, did some shopping in Erie and X into Canada 3:45 with no problem, stopped at daughter place for awhile and arrived home at 8:30.
We had a great trip and memories forever.

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

·
Registered
805 Posts
Sounds like you had fun Ed, we took the easy way out flew into Dallas Weds. morning and drove up thru morning traffic, I don't think there's a road in Dallas that isn't torn up. Went into Denison for BBQ at Hickory BBQ and had a nice lunch then walked around town, back to hotel for meet and greet. Tech day and tech talk next day then ran up to Island for dinner where we met a lot of nice people. Saturday we skipped the runs and went up to Tishimingo Oklahoma to see the town and have lunch at Blake Sheltons restaurant and met and talked to his cousin at her shop. Dinner at Loose Wheels. Car show and festival on Saturday ice cream after that, then the banquet, where we had a great meal, "Amazing" entertainment and really got a kick out of auction, Gordy was funnier then hell.
Sunday early ride back to Dallas check into hotel then get shuttled over to AT&T stadium for a all you can eat and drink tailgate BBQ before going into watch the Cowboy's Green Bay game. Words cannot express the size of the"House That Jerry"built stadium, its HUGE. Monday morning did a tour of stadium, players and cheerleader's locker room, press box, and walk thru the tunnel out on the field. Lunch at Gas Monkey Bar and Grill food was great then a trip to Gas Monkey Garage where they were filming the show, flight back to Tampa Mon. night.
Want to thank Dinnerman and all the people who put this rally together,we all know it was a very time consuming and demanding job for you guys to get everything together and planned. This was our first rally with the Fanatic's and we had a great weekend, job well done TEXAS, my hats off to you guys. For all you guys who couldn't make the trip you missed a great weekend. Thanks again Texas Fanatics, a great group of people.

·
Premium Member
25,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes any one that wants to share there trip please post.

Krazy Ed

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Krazy Ed

Hey, if I would have known you were staying in Ashland Ohio, I would have invited you 35 miles north (2 miles before the 271 split-off) to stay at my house and save on motel costs. Have plenty of room. Maybe next time. Glad you had a great trip.

·
Premium Member
25,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey, if I would have known you were staying in Ashland Ohio, I would have invited you 35 miles north (2 miles before the 271 split-off) to stay at my house and save on motel costs. Have plenty of room. Maybe next time. Glad you had a great trip.
What a nice gesture and we have never met.

Another reason why fanatics are so great.

Krazy Ed

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
fanatics / Krazy Ed

I trust any fanatic more than the general public. We put our lives and feelings on the site. It makes one more comfortable. I am always open to entertaining fanatics. Maybe next time.

·
Premium Member
25,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Part #2

I asked everyone that was going to Texas if they had an extra license plate hanging around, that I was wanting to have a "Fanatic Wall" I would give a nice new home and would look after it. Well I finally put plates on wall and it's not only a Fanatic wall when I look at it, it reminds me of Texas.

Would like to thank the Donors who made this happen! :liebe011: :cheers

@Silver Bullet, @ssroe, @Light Show, @SSR051, @240 Gordy, @Sweet Tomato, @rodgerdoger, @SSRDSTR ll, @mtr317, @CruDawg, @Marty, @run faster, @yellow bear, @dave rasmussen, @Furykay and @xoxoxoBruce

It makes me smiles when I look at it...Thanks too all! :cheers

Krazy Ed

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,613 Posts
We did the same thing that Monday but in reverse order. Stop at Gas Monkey Garage where we did get to meet Richard. Had lunch at his restaurant and then did the Cowboy’s Stadium Tour.

04 PurpleHaze said:
Monday morning did a tour of stadium, players and cheerleader's locker room, press box, and walk thru the tunnel out on the field. Lunch at Gas Monkey Bar and Grill food was great then a trip to Gas Monkey Garage where they were filming the show, flight back to Tampa Mon. night. .

·
Daily Driver
8,776 Posts
I asked everyone that was going to Texas if they had an extra license plate hanging around, that I was wanting to have a "Fanatic Wall" I would give a nice new home and would look after it. Well I finally put plates on wall and it's not only a Fanatic wall when I look at it, it reminds me of Texas.

It makes me smiles when I look at it...Thanks too all! :cheers

Krazy Ed
Looks good Ed. :thumbs

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,370 Posts
Looks like a good start :flag:flag

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
8 Participants
ssroe
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing