Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While at Sears today, I found an inexpensive lighting solution for the cab / bed in the automotive department. It's called a "Flexible 12 volt PORTA-LIGHT" made by Schumacher for $5. It plugs into the receptacles and has a 6" flexible neck; kind of like a desk lamp, with an on off switch, and it's Bright! It's also flat black so it blends with the interior perfectly. Should be able to leave it always plugged in, and bend it under the dash out of the way until needed. Got two, for back and front. Richard :)

·
Premium Member
1,070 Posts
Richard in TX said:
While at Sears today, I found an inexpensive lighting solution for the cab / bed in the automotive department. It's called a "Flexible 12 volt PORTA-LIGHT" made by Schumacher for $5. It plugs into the receptacles and has a 6" flexible neck; kind of like a desk lamp, with an on off switch, and it's Bright! It's also flat black so it blends with the interior perfectly. Should be able to leave it always plugged in, and bend it under the dash out of the way until needed. Got two, for back and front. Richard :)
THanks RIchard!!

GR

·
Registered
76 Posts
Richard,

Thanks for the idea. I got a base model '04 without bed carpet, wood strips and light. I've been annoyed that there was no light in the bed area. Hadn’t given much thought to what to use, hadn’t priced the Chevy parts to add a light, but your suggestion is obviously a much less expensive alternative. Thanks for posting.

thatrhinoguy

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Bed light

Thanks guys for the suggestion. Still would prefer to add the carpet to the deck lid and go with the factory light. This way if I leave the cover up, the light goes out after about 5 minutes. The other way I will end up with a dead battery.

Marc

·
Premium Member
3,672 Posts
Radio Shack has one on a gooseneck that I got for the back about a year ago - still working fine. plugs into the cig lighter and has it's own switch,

·
Boop Op A Doop
30,422 Posts
Stocking Stuffer

Richard in TX said:

Thanks Richard

I've been needing a light. I have one now but it's not bright enough. This will make a great stocking stuffer from Santa for myself. I'm heading out to Sears tomorrow.

·
Banned
183 Posts
Why the Hell is there no lighting in the footwells? I just can't understand it. $47K and they cant put in a couple of lights one in each footwell one under the hood and in the cargo bay? What would it cost GM 10 bucks? Please tell me why they do crap like that??? Its one reason Toyota is out selling the big 3, you think they would learn. Has anyone added lighting in the footwells? I used a GE battery operated closet lamp for the cargo area and the new "Dot" LED tap light under the hood.

·
Registered
480 Posts
IllinoisSSR said:
Why the Hell is there no lighting in the footwells? I just can't understand it. $47K and they cant put in a couple of lights one in each footwell one under the hood and in the cargo bay? What would it cost GM 10 bucks? Please tell me why they do crap like that??? Its one reason Toyota is out selling the big 3, you think they would learn. Has anyone added lighting in the footwells? I used a GE battery operated closet lamp for the cargo area and the new "Dot" LED tap light under the hood.
My mama always said that "it's not what you say, it's the way that you say it". I have seen several posts from you and you're always complaining. Try leaving your attitude at the door especially during this holiday season. With your negative vibes, I'd be surprised if anyone cared what you used.

·
Banned
183 Posts
Joe Schuhriemen said:
My mama always said that "it's not what you say, it's the way that you say it". I have seen several posts from you and you're always complaining. Try leaving your attitude at the door especially during this holiday season. With your negative vibes, I'd be surprised if anyone cared what you used.

Because I tell it like I see it sweetheart, and I 'll bet you voted for George Bush too!! :lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts