Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Check this beast out I picked up. 87 fiero gt with 139k on the clock! This thing turns at low speed like the titanic trying to avoid an iceberg. But what a cool and fun abortion to have next to my serenity. The roof line doesn’t clear the doors of the Ssr. I’m going to have fun with it for a while, maybe win some car shows, then sell her so I can supercharge the Ssr.

Attachments

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,380 Posts
I love those Fiero GTs. That one looks to be in decent condition, the wheel color would have to change for me though.

I had a girlfriend that had a blue one, I was surprised I fit in it, always loved the way they looked. I agree, it is not a speed demon, but it is a fun ride. Looks like you have someone that might like to cruise in it in a few years.

Good luck on the flip!

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
2004 SSR Ultra Violet
43,098 Posts
I have couple buddies that have the 3.8 v6 supercharged in their Fiero’s, I know another guy that’s all he has ... they’re crazy ones, a Northstar V8 and 2 with 383 strokers with NOS .... he was told not to come back to our local track ... he could keep the front wheels on the ground and kept taking the timing lights out:surprise:
Here’s the one I had.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
I had a red 86 GT when I lived in Topeka, KS. I bought it new, fun car to drive. I have an old Hot Rod magazine with a big section on trick Fiero's. One with a hopped a four cylinder that had four stack injectors and four exhaust headers coming out the back and another one with a 350 V8 and dual fours. It is the October 187 issue.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Yes they are fun cars. One weak spot is the headlight motor. 84-85-86 are the most troublesome to have and to rebuild. I can do an 87-88 in
15 minutes The 84-5-6 will take me 1-3/4 hour. At one time I did it for the Fiero club nationwide. My Fiero is an 84 with a 400+ Chevy-big brakes
and almost anything you can put on a Fiero including a Glove Box. Unfortunately, at my age I have trouble getting in and out. The SSR solves
that problem. I'm not sure which is quicker but, the SSR is the winner now! LAZY ONE

·
Registered
197 Posts
I just finished a 3 yr resto mod project on my '87 Fiero, including the 3800SC motor/trans install. Makes it a fun car to drive. Good Forum at Pennock's Fiero Forum - Main Page. Good bunch of guys there ( like here). Enjoy!

BTW, I installed an Electric Power Steering in mine ( VUE), and it made driving so much easier.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The obsession with cars continues. I was given an offer I couldn’t refuse. I picked up fiero #2. A red 85 GT with fancy modifications. They looked great together.

Sadly though, all good things come to an end. After an intervention with the family, I had to let the black one go. The bright side is that an awesome enthusiast now has the cool lil black one.

Attachments

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,343 Posts
I worked for a used car dealer many years ago and picked one up at the auction and drove it for a weekend. They drive like a go kart and the one thing that no one else mentioned was GIRLS loved them. I think I got more attention from girls in that car than any other I ever drove. Also the seats were some of the most sought after for projects because they are very comfortable and had the speakers in the head rest. I still look at the junk yards and the seats are always gone.

·
Just a Canadian Fanatic!!
2004 SSR Ultra Violet
43,098 Posts
I worked for a used car dealer many years ago and picked one up at the auction and drove it for a weekend. They drive like a go kart and the one thing that no one else mentioned was GIRLS loved them. I think I got more attention from girls in that car than any other I ever drove. Also the seats were some of the most sought after for projects because they are very comfortable and had the speakers in the head rest. I still look at the junk yards and the seats are always gone.
Yes most of those seats are now finding their way into C3 Corvettes, they actually fit quite nicely!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts