Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the 2006 SSR we got 3 weeks ago. However, we have found a few things that concern me. (Already posted on the Home link range problem, found a scratch on the tailgate, and the vinyl trim in the bed is scared from installation of the wood look trim rails) We will be taking it to the dealer for repair, but I want to be well 'armed' with information before we go in, and I want to get it all taken care of with one visit (I hope).
I noticed an abrasion mark on the top. I polished it off, but after putting the top down and back up later, I noticed the mark had returned. I did some nosing around and found that the hoses for the right side tonneau cover actuator are rubbing the top.
I tried to redirect the hoses, but they are VERY stiff and do not want to take another bend position. I wrapped the cables in felt for now, but I want it fixed correctly. I noticed that there are 5-6 cable ties attached at various places in the top well that have nothing installed, Looks like things have been re-routed and have caused another problem?
Ant hints or permanent 'home-remedy' fixes for this problem would be appreciated. I really hate to take it back to the dealer...I do not want to miss any more fun than is necessary.

·
Just a voyeur now...
154 Posts
If you do a Search on 'roof scuff', you'll get some ideas on how this has been handled by others...

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,062 Posts
It looks like the original routing was completely abandoned and they left the tie points in the compartment. Looks the same on '05s.

I have the same issue as you with my '06 on the top. It is the wire/hose protection sleeve on the passenger side that is abrading the side of the top. I have put felt on the sleeving like you and am waiting until I take it in for service to get it corrected.

I tried to put a little "twist" in that housing, but it appears to not take.... even after disengaging and re-engaging the clamp at the hinge and the tie-wrap below.

If Chevrolet does not have a fix for it, I will put a small bungee/lanyard from the lower rear bolt on the black side panel to the center of the offending loop. This will serve to draw the loop toward the outside of the compartment (away from the top) when the tonneau is closed and the loop extends forward.

I have also noticed that the top does not appear to fully stow down in the compartment and has rubbed the bottom of the tonneau on the driver's side. I put a little velcro (loops) on the bottom of the tonneau to cushion the abrasion. This too will be an opportunity for the dealership to "adjust" something. I'm skeptical.....

Regards,

Mike

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tonneau Cover Abrasion of the Top

Thanks to all for the promt reply. I did a search as suggested and found the great information posted there. Ty-wrapped the harness last night, works like a champ.
Thanks Again,
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts