Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

On the underside of the tonneau cover over the bed is a carpeted liner held on by nylon retainer push-in clips. These push-in retainers have a felt like covering over the top to help blend into the carpet. Anyone know where these can be purchased or have a part number? I called two Chevrolet dealerships in Oklahoma City and they were no help.

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,982 Posts
Some people here have just used the non carpeted ones. I guess they figure the only people who will ever know are themselves and another fanatic.

BTW, the piece that covers the bed is known as the bed cover. The tonneau cover is the one that covers the top.

·
Premium Member
586 Posts
I may be wrong, but my notes say the Part Number for the Cargo Carpet area is .....11610086 and they run about $8 - $10 Dollars a piece.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tonneau Cover

Per Wikipedia:

A tonneau (US: /tʌˈnoʊ/ or UK: /ˈtɒnoʊ/) in automotive terminology is an area of a car or truck open at the top. It can be either a people or cargo space. A tonneau cover describes a hard or soft cover used to protect unoccupied passenger seats in a convertible or roadster, or the cargo bed in a pickup truck.

Thanks to the gentleman for the part number, found them online.

Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,367 Posts
BTW, the piece that covers the bed is known as the bed cover. The tonneau cover is the one that covers the top.
Per Wikipedia:

A tonneau (US: /tʌˈnoʊ/ or UK: /ˈtɒnoʊ/) in automotive terminology is an area of a car or truck open at the top. It can be either a people or cargo space. A tonneau cover describes a hard or soft cover used to protect unoccupied passenger seats in a convertible or roadster, or the cargo bed in a pickup truck.
Thanks again.
Ha! Ha! Wikipedia doesn't pertain to our SSR. @wizzr is correct >:) 0:)

Nick

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,386 Posts
Ha! Ha! Wikipedia doesn't pertain to our SSR. @wizzr is correct >:) 0:)

Nick
OR: we have 3 tonneau covers to cover 2 tonneaus and no one will ever know which cover we are talking about.

So we have a "Tonneau cover" with a "flipper" and then we have a "bed cover"

Reactions: nj6969

·
Registered
1,683 Posts
I would buy the plain clips and cover them with some type of flocking material

You can get a box of them, usually the AuVeCo brand fairly cheap. I get all my automotive clips and bolts from Top Supply in Decatur Indiana

·
Premium Member
1,372 Posts
Try Auto Zone. I Found mine there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts