Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for help in getting the button unside the glove compartment to release the tonneau cover. The local chevy dealer has no clue. I must use the key fob to release it. HELP? Can't see how to remove the switch change it out.

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,275 Posts
You must remove the glove box first. Three metric screws (7 mm head) on the hinge located at bottom side of glove box door. Then remove connector from back of switch. There is a small tab at very back bottom side of switch that must be pulled downward slightly to release the connector and you pull connector toward front of truck. Then there are two very small ears (tabs) holding the switch into the lower dash. The ears are located on the upper and lower sides of the switch and the upper one can be clearly seen in the second picture attached below. Both ears must be depressed into the switch body to release it and the switch will come outward from front of lower dash (toward rear of truck).

The switch is a membrane type of switch like the key fobs and center console switches and subject to the same dirty contact issues. The part number of the switch is 10369711 and is unique to the SSR, but unfortunately is NLA. Good news is that there is a compatible switch (just has car with trunk on button) used in I think it is the Malibu platform. Contact Mike Byers in parts via PM (site name Byers) or calling directly to Classic Chevrolet Parts in Grapevine TX, and he will get the switch you need. I wouldn't mind getting your old switch to play with once you get a new one installed.

Attachments

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
Looking for help in getting the button unside the glove compartment to release the tonneau cover. The local chevy dealer has no clue. I must use the key fob to release it. HELP? Can't see how to remove the switch change it out.
That switch is for the bed cargo cover, there is no switch for the tonneau cover.
Maybe that's why the dealer was no help.

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,275 Posts
I'm sure he is talking about the cargo cover since he stated he could open from the fob......

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
I knew what he was talking about, but some GM tech who may have never even seen an SSR, starts looking on the computer for a Tonneau release button and comes up zilch, doesn't have a clue.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,392 Posts
In Post # 2 river rat mentioned contacting BYERS by PM. You will need to have 15 posts before you can use PMs so I would suggest that you CALL the dealership mentioned and ask for Mike Byers in Parts as also suggested.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I didn't know there was another release point until I read this thread today. Gotta get me an owners manual so I can learn about this thing.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,392 Posts
I didn't know there was another release point until I read this thread today. Gotta get me an owners manual so I can learn about this thing.
Or PM Dinerman in TX and get one of the "Ultimate Drive" memory Keys he has for sale. Has owner Manual, service manual and Dicktator's One drive all in one place.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts