Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

If I unlook my tonneau cover it doesn t go up.
I have seen on a video that a guy had unlooked his,
and it was going up alone.
So my question is are my lifters dead, or must I buy some
special lifters.

Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
9,920 Posts
Hello,

special lifters.

Thanks for your help
I have a brand new pair of OEM struts that you can have for free. But I will not ship them for free and they will not work any better than yours. Buy a pair of replacement from Mike in AZ.

·
OP
8,220 Posts
Hello,

special lifters.

Thanks for your help
SSR Parts

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,783 Posts
Hello,

special lifters.

Thanks for your help
Your struts are dead. The SSR, as delivered from the factory, was supposed to "pop" to the full open position without manual intervention.

All you need is a pair of good struts.

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
I agree

Your struts are dead. The SSR, as delivered from the factory, was supposed to "pop" to the full open position without manual intervention.

All you need is a pair of good struts.

Mike
Mine were the same way when I got my :black:.. Got a set from Mike they are the best and easy to install (even for me :glol)
You won't believe the difference!

G

·
Premium Member
1,411 Posts
Lifting the hood and deck haven't bothered me enough to spend that much $ yet. The hood lifts might be nice, but the deck opening just and inch doesn't bother me at all.

It's like Ilsa is being modest when she opens up just a little (initially)!

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Such a simple thing but the bed cover popping up is one of the things that makes the SSR so cool. I bought new struts from LS Technologies and installed the in less than 30 minutes. The downside is that after the install it really takes two hands to close the cover and my wife can't close it at all. Have heard that some members had them dial down the pressure some to avoid this problem.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
Such a simple thing but the bed cover popping up is one of the things that makes the SSR so cool. I bought new struts from LS Technologies and installed the in less than 30 minutes. The downside is that after the install it really takes two hands to close the cover and my wife can't close it at all. Have heard that some members had them dial down the pressure some to avoid this problem.

Some of us only use one of them and keep the old GM one in and its works just great...Try it...:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts