Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We took the SSR out to downtown Chicago. The only complaint was that there is too much rattle every time I hit a bump. I think it's coming off of the removable top. Kind of like a squeak. I've never driven a convertible before the SSR but I hear that is typical of the "topless" cars. Is that true? Anyone else experiencing this? Can something be tightened to make it less squeaky? It only happens when I hit a bump.

You should have seen the people outside of the restaurant. The valet was $9, I gave the guy a $20 and he moved the cars in front of the restaurant and parked my car there ( I parked it). He told me I can keep the key since he didn't want to be tempted :)
Afterward he told me he had spent the whole time keeping people off of it. He said 100 people had stopped by to ask him what it was. I did a demo of the top for him and his buddy (college kids in their 20s) and they went nuts. I love this car. I can't believe I was thinking about selling this car...:banghead :banghead

·
Registered
413 Posts
rattle

hold top button until radio volume changes to make sure the roof cycle is complete then see if you still have the rattle

D

·
0 Posts
Re: rattle

dohyatt said:
hold top button until radio volume changes to make sure the roof cycle is complete then see if you still have the rattle
:agree

I've noticed that some times when I put the roof up I'll get rattles and I'm sure that it's because I didn't let it complete the cycle. When done right there are no rattles in my SSR rough road or not.

My 2 cents.

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
rattle

I had a rattle in mine with the top up when I hit a bump and I found a large wire connector in the bottom of the compartment where the top stows that was loose so I tie wrapped it to a bundle of hydraulic lines that were next to it and the rattle disappeared. Hope this helps. The connector was on the passenger side.

M

·
0 Posts
I get the rattle when I hit bumps too. It sounds like it is definately in the roof brackets, or arms. Only when I hit bumps in the road. And I know that the roof is all the way up too. I always listen for the two chimes and the radio gets quieter when it is up or closed. I think the roof arms are too close together and they bump each other. I am going to look at maybe covering them with something to keep the noise down.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts