Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I thought of this idea over the weekend. I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread for tools we either find helpful or maybe make a job easier when working on our SSRs or other vehicles.

One thing I find I use a lot and has helped me is a Folding work table by Keter. I got mine as a gift and I think my wife got it from Sam's. I have seen them at Costco also. They are easy to fold up and store out of the way. I use it to put my tools on while working on the truck and it is at the right height so your not bending over. They have two clamps that slide into slots that let you clamp things and hold them in place. I used the clamps to hold the control arms when I was cleaning them with a wire wheel. The table sets up with just holding it and pulling two tabs on the top. The legs swing down and the lower level holds them legs in place there is a center brace that locks into place and it is pretty steady then. Folding it up is easy as well, push in on the center brace then grab the lower level and pull up. The legs swing into place and stay in the base then. I use this a lot when working on stuff out in the driveway.

So post them up. Tools that you use a lot or if it is one you made or even if it is a specially tool that you found makes a job so much easier or you can't get the job done with out it

Premium Member
I carry a metwrench set with me. Works well. A few screwdrivers and some channellocs. Also carry my Ryobi cordless impact and nut driver.

Registered
Plastic milk crate. Works great to carry stuff and then, turn it upside down to sit on as my old knees and hips don't like to squat anymore.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
While Warrior has the old trusty Swiss Army knife, the newer Leather Man tool is actually something I carry in my carry tool set with me. I have found them to be very useful and while bigger than a Swiss Army knife and lacking of the tooth pick, the Leather Man is handy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts