Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm new here and need some help my seal on the top has been replaced two times due to it being crushed in the passenger side window,and now it leaks, took it back to the dealer ,now the top is out of adjustment worse than it was when I took it in. It clearly is crooked , and theyve adjusted the window tilt too!!! Any suggestions??? Need a new dealer ??? :ssr they obviously dont get it!!! :ssr

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Yes a new dealer, maybe one who knows what to do! My guess is they can't fix the window tilt until the roof is aligned.

·
Registered
487 Posts
PAULC said:
Hi all, I'm new here and need some help my seal on the top has been replaced two times due to it being crushed in the passenger side window,and now it leaks, took it back to the dealer ,now the top is out of adjustment worse than it was when I took it in. It clearly is crooked , and theyve adjusted the window tilt too!!! Any suggestions??? Need a new dealer ??? :ssr they obviously dont get it!!! :ssr
On my "Fix" list as well. I have to push on the passenger window to get it to seal correctly, but, at least it doesn't leak.

The seal had already been replaced before I bought the SSR and it may have been installed incorrectly. When the door closes the seal is lower than the window and gets pinched when the window goes up.

Joe Davis
StepPrinting.com

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
That window adjustment is very easy not to get it set right..
My dealer had to actually call a different dealer in Houston and then it was fixed exactly as it should be. You may have the problem now of the seal having a memory. You could have your dealership call mine
Van Chevrolet in Dallas Texas, Maybe that will help.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Such are the problems with limited production / specialty vehicles: the factory-authorized "technicians" have too little experience working on them.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts