Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have been able to fix tops for a local dealer ,...so if you have any questions please feel free to drop me a line , i have had every bracket off and reinstalled them and with minor problems the tops cycled 100 times with no problem....

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Jeff,
I have a question concerning the top brackets. Mine seem to rattle and make noise when I go over rough spots in the road. Is there an adjustment or fix for that? It is just annoying to hear the noise they make when I hit bumps in the road. Any comments would help. I am not sure if all SSR's are supposed to do that, or just mine?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
if you can call me tommorow after 12:00 e.s.t 407 702 4872

·
Registered
168 Posts
Marks on top

I feel like a dummy, but I cannot see where this interference is. Several people on this forum had the same problem as me. I first saw a slight mark on the passenger side when the top was up, then later on the driver side. Others note a plastic tie that interferes during operation of the top, but I have watched it go up and down and I never see anything get close to this area. I guess I need a picture or something. Can you help?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
please feel free to call me at 407.702.4872

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Marks on top

I noticed marks on mine shortly after I picked it up. I took it in to my dealer and they checked with GM and they said there was a fix for that. My dealer ordered the part and when the part came in I took it in and they installed the part and I've had no trouble since.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Folks, I'm sorry, but Jeffroge77 is going to have to lay off the :bs call me posts. They add nothing to the discussion.

Has anyone actually called Jeff? Would you give a call report. Please, Pretty please. :)

EDIT: BTW: Jeff, Sending personal mail would let you make your sales pitches (just a guess) without annoying more than one person at a time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts