Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Today, I received really bad news from Cabriolet Hydraulics. They told me my driver's side main cylinder cannot be rebuilt. They say it was messed with, not leaving enough material. I hope someone out there can help me. Otherwise, I have to drive with the top up forever. Help, help, help!!!
Howie :silver:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,078 Posts
Hello everyone. Today, I received really bad news from Cabriolet Hydraulics. They told me my driver's side main cylinder cannot be rebuilt. They say it was messed with, not leaving enough material. I hope someone out there can help me. Otherwise, I have to drive with the top up forever. Help, help, help!!!
Howie :silver:
Contact Dictator in Florida on this site. He is the TOP guru and knows where to get parts etc. Also Mike in Arizona at Simple engineering. He is also on this site. Give either one or both a Private Message on this. Good luck.

Reactions: voodoophantom

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,674 Posts
Contact Dictator in Florida on this site. He is the TOP guru and knows where to get parts etc. Also Mike in Arizona at Simple engineering. He is also on this site. Give either one or both a Private Message on this. Good luck.
I will have to do some digging to find a set.

Finding ONE is almost impossible.

Dicktator

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,078 Posts
I will have to do some digging to find a set.

Finding ONE is almost impossible.

Dicktator

He might have to contact a wrecking yard etc. Can a machine shop build one from scratch or buy one to match? I advised him to contact you direct. He didn't seem to know what to do and he lives in Florida.

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
Thank you Mike. Trying to assist every now and then. It is a family for sure! I can’t begin to name all of the “helpers” but you, Dicktator and Ed in FL are among my go to friends for help and advice. I probably put those names out there a lot.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My sentiments exactly you guys! oldxr is a total lifesaver for me. I didn't know what to do, but ask on this site. Dane gave me new hope. There are still good people in this world, even for an old, out of touch idiot like me. Thanks again Dane.

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
Howie... thank you. Glad I could provide the cylinder. I thought for sure we could purchase these but am slowly learning the horrible truth☠

1 - 11 of 11 Posts