Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
2005 SSR Red AT
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 2005 Redline red and have had it in the shop for weeks to no avail. I will ship the truck if necessary or drive it. What the top guy here says it's not the hyd's . The rest I don't know.My grandson took it for a cruise and didn't know how to lower the top and stopped the top down half way down and it's been that way for months. (the top is now almost closed) I NEED to get this handled as I purchased it last Nov. and I'm not having much luck. I live in the Palm Springs, CA area and would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you in advance.
Doctor Don

· One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,756 Posts
Try to lower it all the way so you can get the cover close over it and drive it to Redlands. @ICBlue or his son might be able to help you out at Salerno Automotive in Redlands. Just off the I-10. Cannot find the address right now.
Dwight

· Supporting SSR Hobbyist
11,336 Posts
I own a 2005 Redline red and have had it in the shop for weeks to no avail. I will ship the truck if necessary or drive it. What the top guy here says it's not the hyd's . The rest I don't know.My grandson took it for a cruise and didn't know how to lower the top and stopped the top down half way down and it's been that way for months. (the top is now almost closed) I NEED to get this handled as I purchased it last Nov. and I'm not having much luck. I live in the Palm Springs, CA area and would appreciate any help I can get. Thank you in advance.
Doctor Don
Call me in the morning. 480-225-2123
Mike

· Supporting SSR Hobbyist
11,336 Posts
OK…. Here’s the status on his roof….

Roof is up and latched. Tonneau cover down and latched. He is getting a “roof ajar” message and the ding-ding-ding while he is driving. Windows and deck lid appear to be working normally.

He is within 30-40 minutes of Mark Salerno’s shop in Redlands, CA and I gave the two of them each other’s numbers. When I called Mark, I briefed him on the issue and he is going to take it from here.

I will try to get details of the actual root causes of the issues and report back.…. If I can remember to do it.

· Registered
2004 UV
1,605 Posts
Mike I had this happen on my 04 right after the cylinders were replaced latch in back got slightly bent while cylinders were being worked on and the magnets were not lined up right plus the Chevy dealer changed the latch mechanism by windshield because he said there was a recall on them, have had no problems since.Not sure if this will help him or not be interesting to see what they rind out.

· One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
30,756 Posts
For those following this thread, driving with the Tonneau in the elevated position is not recommended, It catches the wind and can bend the hinges, Do not ask how i know!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.