Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately the top makes a loud groan or spueal when closing. Sounds normal when it is opened. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I had that problem when I first got my '05'.
It turned out that the Reservoir was nearly empty.
After that, you could hear the loud thump when the top dropped.
So, Mike in AZ hydraulics for the Top solved that problem.
Works great now.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,065 Posts
Lately the top makes a loud groan or spueal when closing. Sounds normal when it is opened. Any help would be appreciated.
I would wager that the sound is coming from the pneumatic struts on the main roof hinge assembly. The sound is a slightly binding bushing in one of the pm=neumatic struts. Not hard to find.... They run parallel to the main lift hydraulic rams..... they are black.

Put a little silicone lube on a paper towel and wipe the shaft of the pneumatic struts. This will probably silence them. If that is the case, order a new pair from my web site and replace the noisy old ones...... You will notice a remarkable difference in top operation.

Regards,

Mike

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,656 Posts
I would wager that the sound is coming from the pneumatic struts on the main roof hinge assembly. The sound is a slightly binding bushing in one of the pm=neumatic struts. Not hard to find.... They run parallel to the main lift hydraulic rams..... they are black.

Put a little silicone lube on a paper towel and wipe the shaft of the pneumatic struts. This will probably silence them. If that is the case, order a new pair from my web site and replace the noisy old ones...... You will notice a remarkable difference in top operation.

Regards,

Mike
Mike forgot to give you link to his Web Site, he is getting old!

https://shop.simple-engineering.com/category.sc?categoryId=11

You might as well have SSR How to Library too:

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Dicktator

1 - 5 of 5 Posts