Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My SSR was in the body shop to adjust the top and get the horn fixed. They said it may not be done tomorrow either....this is the fifth time it has been in just for the top adjustment. I dread what this may cost me when it goes out of warranty. Do you think there will ever be a permanent fix to the roof cycle time out problems?

The horn problem is the biggie right now. I had a few close calls prior to bringing in my truck. Nothing worse than some brainless bozo backing into you and suddenly you realize he can't see you or hear you because your horn fails. My whimpy wolf whistle horn is just for fun and not very loud. It is on a separate circuit not related to the factory horn and has its own button. :mad

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK, my patience is wearing thin. They have had my SSR at the dealer since MOnday and I won't know when I will be getting it back. The wires for the hydraulics have little clips on them and are nicking the paint like crazy under the flipper door and causing time outs. They are twist tied into position but the metal clips still make contact and cause scuffing and scratching on various roof and flipper door parts. There was a post and someone from the Craft Center said to contact them. My dealer really does not know who to contact. Would that person mind calling Priority Chevrolet in Chesapeake, VA. and tell them how to solve the problem!? The phone no. is 757-424-1925 for the Priority Body Shop.

It appears they have not bothered to fix the horn problem either and it will have to leave the body shop and go to service for that one. Meanwhile I am driving some whimpy Impala gutless cookie cutter car!!!!! :mad :mad :mad :mad

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Found you! It was Jimjacks. Sent you a PM. PLease call my dealer and tell them what to do Jim!!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE.......:-(

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Top problem solved....for now. John Bowen fixed the problem by using a flat rubber tubing with a self adhesive backing and put it onto the metal parts that hold the hydraulic lines (the ones that were scracthing the metal and plastic parts). It works perfect for now! Let's hope she holds. Great to be back in my SSR. Man I missed this truck! :angel They were really backed up at the body shop with all the wrecks that have been happening out here lately.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Dealer Likes the Paint job

cruzned said:
Top problem solved....for now. John Bowen fixed the problem by using a flat rubber tubing with a self adhesive backing and put it onto the metal parts that hold the hydraulic lines (the ones that were scracthing the metal and plastic parts). It works perfect for now! Let's hope she holds. Great to be back in my SSR. Man I missed this truck! :angel They were really backed up at the body shop with all the wrecks that have been happening out here lately.
Maybe the dealer likes the company of that smooooth paint trim you did on it. Good luck with the fix. How about the horn issue??

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They did not get it over to service to fix the horn and it works intermittently. I am going to live with it until the next oil change. Will try to take pics of the fix on the top later and put them in the Tips and Tricks thread. I have shots of the before so all I need is the after. I just want to get out there this morning before the snow comes and drive a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts