Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am new to this forum. I have a 2004 SSR with 21,000 miles. The top raised and lowered great last year. I tried to open it for the first time this year today and it will not work. I can hear the first stage activate then it sounds as if something is in a bind and it quits doing anything. It will reverse whatever it did by pusing the "down" button. I checked the rear cover and it is closed properly. I have not checked the fuse since it does have power to activate the first stage. Has anyone else experienced similar problems?

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,375 Posts
Simple things check first. Engine running, foot brake applied? It takes a tremendous amount of battery power to run the top. If it has been sitting and you do not have it running it won't operate.

Might want to fill out your profile so folks can find out where you are from so the ones that live in your area can chime in to help. Good luck.

If all else fails contact "DICKTATOR" in Florida. He is the top GURU!

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,285 Posts
Was it cold out? My top did not want to go down the first time I tried it. It will go as far as start to lift the tonneau cover then stop. I have to manually lift it then it will do the rest of the process on its own after that it all worked after that

·
Premium Member
7,342 Posts
YOU should never let you SSR sit for weeks or months without "exercising" the top. I run our top up and down every week or at least every two weeks. I don't care where you live or what time of the year it is, the top needs to be in motion every once in a while ... do NOT neglect this important part of your treasured SSR. tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
47,140 Posts
You may have to be patient getting a answer the experts on this problem are at a Rally in Daytona Beach this week.

Reactions: Auggie Doggie

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,550 Posts
Thanks. I will try to lift it manually.
gently, it will require the movement of hydraulic fluid as you are moving it.

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,284 Posts
gently, it will require the movement of hydraulic fluid as you are moving it.
Use 2 people, one on each side to lift and by tonneau, we are talking about the roof stowage cover. Try to open roof with switch to unlock the roof latches, when the roof stops trying to open turn key "off", then you should be able to open the tonneau if it unlatched properly. I sent you a PM (see top of page near title bar "Private Messages").

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,608 Posts
Welcome from Forney Texas!! Help will arrive soon or someone near by may be willing to meet somewhere and help/tutor. I'm just off of Hwy. 80 not too far from you if you want to come by some time. 214-369-1081
Just curious, what color? I saw a Slingshot Yellow heading East last week, Friday? I think

Nick

1 - 10 of 10 Posts