Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last Wed. I pulled off the freeway and stopped to put the top up. (The crosswinds were killing me.) Back up to speed and there was a new noise, wind from the right side. I ran that window up and down, still noisy.

At home, I got out to look around and there was a noticable gap between the window back side and the C pillar weather strip. (or is it a B pillar on a truck). I cycled the top and windows again, and did the manual down/up trick for the rt window.

The gap closed up about 1/2 way. Some of the wind noise went away.

Tonight: Using a steel rule, I measured the various gaps and joint alignments. By my analysis the lower half of the top is shifted back 3-4mm on the right side. Like maybe, the top's hinge on that side is mispositioned.

Whoever put all this together cheated a number of places to try and minimize the gap at the back of the window. Not much, a little stretch here, a little there "The weather seals will cover it." For example, the rt. window is farther back in the door than the left. Not much, not really noticable, until you go looking for it.

I truly hope it's just a case of a bunch of minor misalignments stemming from a first error, and isn't misadjusted to conceil something darker.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
My SSR came home after the final adjustment for the leaks caused because the window did not sit properly into the frame (if thats what you can call it.) The dealer Houtex uses gave very good instructions to my dealer in Dallas and it is sealed without any leaks. They originally changed out the seal that runs above the window on the roof panel and travels across the top in a U shape, where the roof splits. Now I am happy, again :)

A new problem I noticed at the car cruise over the weekend, first time I have had the Hood up for an extended length of time. The Housing at the front of the engine. Air Filter Housing? any way the corner was pushing into the engine cover on the underside of the Hood. They adjusted the hood and the housing unit. If you have not looked this over, under your hood I guess it is a new inspection to do just to make sure that you don't have the same problem. I haven't decided if I should have them order me a new insulation cover yet or not?!

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
wildcat66 said:
My SSR came home after the final adjustment for the leaks caused because the window did not sit properly into the frame (if thats what you can call it.) The dealer Houtex uses gave very good instructions to my dealer in Dallas and it is sealed without any leaks. They originally changed out the seal that runs above the window on the roof panel and travels across the top in a U shape, where the roof splits. Now I am happy, again :)

A new problem I noticed at the car cruise over the weekend, first time I have had the Hood up for an extended length of time. The Housing at the front of the engine. Air Filter Housing? any way the corner was pushing into the engine cover on the underside of the Hood. They adjusted the hood and the housing unit. If you have not looked this over, under your hood I guess it is a new inspection to do just to make sure that you don't have the same problem. I haven't decided if I should have them order me a new insulation cover yet or not?!
Glad that Mac Haik in Houston was able to help out. I guess I should appreciate that they at least know a little about the vehicle. :thumbs

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Yes, well it did take them 4 days to get yours right according to what they told my dealer, So the learning curve was done on your SSR. I am thankful for this site and your help. I was told there is a Pro Shop here that does the invisa-shield so I will be looking into that.
I already have a ding in the new paint on the front bumper. :(

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Four Days !!

wildcat66 said:
Yes, well it did take them 4 days to get yours right according to what they told my dealer, So the learning curve was done on your SSR. I am thankful for this site and your help. I was told there is a Pro Shop here that does the invisa-shield so I will be looking into that.
I already have a ding in the new paint on the front bumper. :(
Nah - they only had it a day and it took them an hour to figure it out after I wouldn't accept the job they did when I picked it up.

:cry :cry - Now it DID take tham more than a week to figure out my Traction Control Switch the third week I had the truck.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Curious about the quick fix trick of manual up/down of the side window. Can you describe the procedure and what the result would be. First time I've heard about this.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it's in the owners manual. What you do is cycle the window up and down a couple times. The trick is don't use the express down. Press and hold the down button till the window bottoms then press an hold up till it tops out. I've forgotten but it makes sense to do this with the door closed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts