Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Last Wed. I pulled off the freeway and stopped to put the top up. (The crosswinds were killing me.) Back up to speed and there was a new noise, wind from the right side. I ran that window up and down, still noisy.

At home, I got out to look around and there was a noticable gap between the window back side and the C pillar weather strip. (or is it a B pillar on a truck). I cycled the top and windows again, and did the manual down/up trick for the rt window.

The gap closed up about 1/2 way. Some of the wind noise went away.

Tonight: Using a steel rule, I measured the various gaps and joint alignments. By my analysis the lower half of the top is shifted back 3-4mm on the right side. Like maybe, the top's hinge on that side is mispositioned.

Whoever put all this together cheated a number of places to try and minimize the gap at the back of the window. Not much, a little stretch here, a little there "The weather seals will cover it." For example, the rt. window is farther back in the door than the left. Not much, not really noticable, until you go looking for it.

I truly hope it's just a case of a bunch of minor misalignments stemming from a first error, and isn't misadjusted to conceil something darker.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it's in the owners manual. What you do is cycle the window up and down a couple times. The trick is don't use the express down. Press and hold the down button till the window bottoms then press an hold up till it tops out. I've forgotten but it makes sense to do this with the door closed.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.